Most Efficient Way To Practice?
dark_dude
Aug 25 2009, 08:45 PM
GMC:er
Heya!

I have a few more weeks of nothing left before the university year starts again, and would like to make the most of it! I'm trying to make a practice plan, but not sure how much is too much and whatnot.

As it stands, I'm warming up for 5 min with some fretting hand stretches, legato and some picking for the right hand. Then I set my metronome to 80bpm, and start practicing Jose's 16th note exercises for alternate picking, pushing up the bpm when I'm comfortable. (Started yesterday at 80npm, today on 105)

However, am I better off dedicating all my time to practicing one technique? (In this case alt. picking up and down strings) Or should I get one exercise for legato, one for sweeping, one for tapping as well? Just want to raise my chops up efficiently.

Lastly, how much time should I devote to practicing? I'd go for as long as possible, but I have to let my wrists rest after they start hurting a bit.

Cheers man!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
*Ibanez 2550E Prestige
*LTD EC-1000
*Squier bullet
----
*Roland Cube 30W
----
*Line 6 Pod Studio GX
My Practice Agenda
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:57 AM