Warmups
Nick325
Sep 28 2007, 10:58 AM
GMC:er
what do u use as a warmup and any suggestions to add to my warmup? thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
rokchik
Sep 29 2007, 01:07 AM
The Dark Canuck
My approach to guitar practice is much like my approach to training at the gym... some small mobility exercise to get the blood pumping, stretching then practice.

I usually start with something like small arm circles then make them larger or cross my arms back an forth plus do circles with my wrists just to get limbered up and like I said get some blood flowing. I then stretch out my fingers, wrists, arms, neck, shoulders and back. When I actually pick up the guitar my limbs feel loose and are ready to start playing. I'll usually pick a scale and go through it slowly, concentrating on the alt picking for a warm up then I'll speed it up followed by a review of what I did my last practice session....I keep a journal... I'm such a nerd smile.gif The actuall practice may vary but my start to it is always the same.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rokchik: Sep 29 2007, 01:21 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:01 PM