> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Legato Rock, Lesson By Javier Aviles
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Manu RASSE
Feb 6 2022, 07:07 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Original lesson: Legato Rock by Javier Aviles

Hi GMC

Hard to give the same energy as master Javier.
I gave the best of me.

If you listen with a headphone you will hear 2 tracks on the intro.
I played 2 times. 1 track left & 1 track right.

Have a nice sunday.

<div class="youtube-embed"></div>

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Feb 6 2022, 07:14 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 6 2022, 08:26 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Manu!

You chose a really great lesson! Overall, your take sounds good and it's obvious that you worked hard (as you always do) at this lesson.

Now, please don't be scared because I will point out more details than you probably expect. Keep in mind that a deep analysis will always help us make progress.

Legato - how you executed the legato, it doesn't reach the target of this lesson. The idea is to get used with the technique and play the entire legato runs without to add any additional picks. Unfortunately you use the pick when you switch the strings (on all the runs).
To understand better what I say, take a look at your first legato run. You should pick only the first note from the D string and the last note from the E lower string.
Also take care because are some spots where you don't play all the notes clear and equal.

Try to focus on all the techniques used in the lesson and play in the same way. This is a very important detail. Each technique gives a different sound and it's also a part from learning the lessons.
As examples:
0:29 - you played this lick with hybrid picking and you changed entire flow.
0:41 - on E lower string you played alternate picking instead of downstroke picking.

0:51 - be very careful when you make such too wide vibrato. It's very easy to go out of pitch. Make a comparison between your and Javier’s sound of vibrato. You will hear the differences. Also try to focus more at the type of vibrato made by instructor (how longer, how wide and how fast is - it's easier to emulate it if you count the number of pulsations).

0:58 - the alternate picking run still needs a little more work. It doesn't sound perfectly clear.

From the technical point of view, your take deserves a 7 but I will give you one more point for the progress that you made in playing between your takes. So...today you get an 8 from me.

Keep up your awesome work! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Feb 6 2022, 08:29 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 6 2022, 06:43 PM
Instructor
Hi MisterM! I'm here just grading. You got my feedback on the mentoring program. This is the video response:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 6 2022, 09:47 PM
GMC Founder
Nice!

This take oozes nice juicy lines as we have come to expect from you, and tone is tasty as usual.

There is one major problem though: a fast recurring legato run which do not fully master yet. From a musical perspective, this run is there to spice up the whole tune with higher note density. Basically provide contrast to more standard, rocky lines.

In your case it throws a shadow on the other parts which you play with confidence - thereby dragging down the musical performance quite a bit.

However, I suspect you are not that far from nailing this one, since the very last legato run actually sounds quite tight - possibly with the exception of the very last notes which still sound a bit blurry to me.

My advice would be to possibly let the lesson rest for a little bit, but include that legato run in your daily practice routine. For me personally - practicing at 50% tempo is usually what gives me the quick results ( I do this even if I am "almost" able to play the lick at full speed).

You get a 7 from me - keep up the fantastic work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 11 2022, 08:36 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 04:17 AM