Aug 6 2008, 08:30 PM
GMC:er
Guitar!App
Guitar Quiz Software

Including:
FretSnap - Fretboard Quiz Software
KeyQuiz - Chord Group Quiz Software

... and more to come! Totally free!

I don't have much time to create a professional website and such, or update the applications too much, however there will be a few. Please enjoy the free software and feel free to donate!

www.guitarapp.webs.com

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ignite: Aug 23 2008, 11:34 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 6 2008, 10:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey.

Will check this out now and tell you my opinion.

I checked out the FretSnap, and I like it. I stopped after 30 right out of 30 though! tongue.gif

I'm sure it's a great learning tool, maybe you could add an option for "time" so that you could choose to only have 2 seconds to figure out each note.

Another thing: Could you do it with sheet music too? So one could somehow learn to sight read?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Aug 6 2008, 10:30 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Ignite
Aug 6 2008, 10:59 PM
Caelumamittendum,
Thanks for the feedback! Actually, my next project was going to be sheet music! I'll take your idea into concept for the time on FretSnap. Thanks.

This post has been edited by Ignite: Aug 6 2008, 10:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 6 2008, 11:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
I checked out the KeyQuiz too! Definately something I could need to work on.
Didn't find any minor keys though. Maybe add that?

You could also add or do a ModeQuiz. That way you could learn the intervals and all in every mode.

If it's only Major keys, you know what notes are into them as soon as you know the one interval. There's not much variety to that, really smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ignite
Aug 6 2008, 11:43 PM
The way the architecture of the program is built, it should be easy to add keys and such, however I do not know any minor keys, do you know where I can find a chart of them anywhere?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 6 2008, 11:46 PM
Learning Rock Star

wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ignite
Aug 7 2008, 12:06 AM
Is there supposed to be a link there? I don't see anything o_O
--edit-- oh there it is, thanks.

This post has been edited by Ignite: Aug 7 2008, 12:07 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 7 2008, 12:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
Then of course:

A minor key:

A B C D E F G

Where as C major key:

C D E F G A B

I know it's the same notes, but major difference in sound. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ignite
Aug 7 2008, 12:23 AM
Rigt, and the A minor key is also the Aeolian mode in the Key of C

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Aug 7 2008, 12:24 AM
QUOTE (Ignite @ Aug 6 2008, 04:06 PM) *
Is there supposed to be a link there? I don't see anything o_O
--edit-- oh there it is, thanks.

Yea its a bit confusion with the MEgaUpload thing - I almost just gave up(Don't want to register with MegaUpload) but I figured out how to do it without it.

It's pretty interesting - Putting a time requirement might be cool(So if you don't answer it withi 2 seconds, it shows you the correct answer but marks it as incorrect). Not sure how easy it is - but could it be adapted easily to like a Windows Smartphone - There is definitely a shortage of guitar related software for mobile(like tuner, chord genrators). I would see this as a great app to mess around with while on the go, when killing time.

Here is a game I have had for quite awhile for learning notes in musical notation(And its Free)

http://www.jaydemusica.com/download.php

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
Ignite
Aug 7 2008, 12:49 AM
I am currently adding a timer right now, it isn't too difficult to add. I'm going to add an option if the user wants to have the timer on incase the user doesn't like it, and if the user does not answer it in the given amount of time, it will show the answer, but mark it as incorrect.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ignite
Aug 7 2008, 01:24 AM
Update!
FretSnap 1.1
-Added Options window.
-Deleted UPX compression. The application was obfusated and compressed to prevent stolen source, but if it is free, why keep it from being stolen? Who cares... Notice it is 300kb more, however, when compiled, this source is a lot less lines (Because I did not obfuscate it)
-Added a timer, default is 3 seconds, user can change this in the options window
-Added a "Allowed Incorrections" function that gives the user a x amount of chances to guess the fret, it will still count as incorrect, but if the user passes this amount, it will change frets Default is 3.
-Changed the size of the labels. When it shows the correct note, it will be more placed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Aug 7 2008, 08:15 AM
Instructor
Cool! I'd like to try it.
Does it work on a Mac? unsure.gif (I guess not)

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 7 2008, 01:12 PM
Instructor
thanks for sharing, great soft wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ignite
Aug 7 2008, 06:21 PM
Unfortunately Marcus, it will only work on Windows XP, Vista, and I think 2000.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ignite
Aug 23 2008, 11:35 PM
Hey, I haven't update this in a while, so I thought I might. Theres a new version out for both FretSnap and KeyQuiz. KeyQuiz change alot, however FretSnap is still sort of the same. It now saves its settings so you don't have to change them every time you open your Guitar!App! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 24 2008, 11:52 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey, you finished it! I've voted for a skin on the earlier threads tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ignite
Aug 24 2008, 07:22 PM
hah, yeah, I'm thinking about putting an option to select from a variety of skins

--------------------

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Aug 25 2008, 01:44 AM
Instructor
Downloaded right now...thank you for the link!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ignite
Aug 28 2008, 04:28 AM
No problem. Please post any feedback, suggestions, etc...

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:09 PM