2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Ngd Klone Centaur!
Todd Simpson
Jun 21 2017, 10:02 PM
GMC:er
Going back and listening to the vid, I'm more impressed even than when I made the vid. He did a KILLER job on this overdrive. It has such an amazing range, from slight warm fuzz to death by Metal, with the dial of a knob. I didn't expect so much boost out of it. It makes my hotone mojo head turn in to a monster on full boost. Sounds like one of my 11 rack patches with the MESA head!

QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 5 2017, 01:36 AM) *
that's sounding damn good to me smile.gif

This is SUPER AWESOME and well earned. YONCOPIN is quite the wizard when it comes to electronics. He has built his own rack!! and has built pedals!! I think he should go in to business making boutique klons for folks!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Fran @ Jun 21 2017, 07:35 AM) *
Ok, took me longer than expected but here it is smile.gif

Article - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...hp/Klon_Centaur
Featured at the main wiki page - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

As always, please let me know if something needs to be added/corrected, and of course feel free to add to it as you see fit, it's a wiki cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 26 2017, 09:38 AM
Wanted to add this latest quick and dirty camera audio demo to the collection of vids so far for this pedal. I'm running through a 5 watt HOTONE MOJO DIAMOND head, which is their "clean" style head with just a pinch of breakup if you turn the gain ALL the way up. Despite the head itself having nearly no gain of any kind, the KLONE can push it right in to DEATH METAL land. or, you can back off the gain knob on the klone and get a meaty bluesy tone.

BTW: BRIAN!!!! ARE YOU GOING TO SHARE THESE WITH THE WORLD AND MAKE A FEW FOR SALE ON YOUR WEB SITE?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Sep 26 2017, 01:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Nope! wink.gif These are special, friends/family/GMCers only. I really like to make something custom that will make them smile. I have a day job and don't think I'd trade it for the repetition of hand wiring pedals (not to mention any customer support). Your videos and nice comments are all the reward I need, the time you invested in my playing on your Shred Journey is truly appreciated.

I'm in the process of building myself an actual pedal (not a "card" for my pedal cabinet) It's an Analogman King of Tone variant. I decided to box this one up in a nice enclosure because it uses some very rare diodes and would probably sell for a pretty penny if I ever wanted to. The waiting list on that pedal is a 1.5 years and $250, crazy. I'll post it when I manage to finish it up.

This post has been edited by yoncopin: Sep 26 2017, 01:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 27 2017, 07:00 AM
WOW! That's even longer than I waited on my PRO TONE MISHA BULB (green graphic version from when they were still doing cool graphics on pedals which was part of it's charm and honestly what created much of the wait)
Attached Image
It's the longest wait I've ever done and it was only 3 months and change. I don't think I could wait more than a year much less two years for a pedal! EGAD!!!

I wanted to commend you on taking the time to put a cool graphic on the build you did for me! Even protone has backed away from graphics and is starting to just release silver boxes with very minimal design aesthetic.

QUOTE (yoncopin @ Sep 26 2017, 08:38 AM) *
Nope! wink.gif These are special, friends/family/GMCers only. I really like to make something custom that will make them smile. I have a day job and don't think I'd trade it for the repetition of hand wiring pedals (not to mention any customer support). Your videos and nice comments are all the reward I need, the time you invested in my playing on your Shred Journey is truly appreciated.

I'm in the process of building myself an actual pedal (not a "card" for my pedal cabinet) It's an Analogman King of Tone variant. I decided to box this one up in a nice enclosure because it uses some very rare diodes and would probably sell for a pretty penny if I ever wanted to. The waiting list on that pedal is a 1.5 years and $250, crazy. I'll post it when I manage to finish it up.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 12:23 AM