Metal.
Aim sniff
Jul 3 2006, 06:47 AM
GMC:er
Lets have a metal lesson. Triplet based solos and palm muted riffs with powerchords etc. Just give some examples of chord progressions and expalin how to incorpate to a riff. Also just take on a scle and write and solo in it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lezenko
Jul 3 2006, 12:27 PM
Wait wait wait....theres alot more to metal than triplets and powerchords :|

Have you seen the rhythm guitar for fade to black from metallica? that is one of the best arpeggio's ive ever seen......and what about guns n roses paradise city?

Dont get me wrong alot of bands use powerchords but there is also alot more things used than powechords and triplets.

What kind of "metal-style" did you have in mind buddy??

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Aim sniff
Jul 25 2006, 04:57 AM
It's just to give people a place to start.

+Quote Post
rhys
Jul 30 2006, 05:41 PM
QUOTE (lezenko)
Wait wait wait....theres alot more to metal than triplets and powerchords :|

Have you seen the rhythm guitar for fade to black from metallica? that is one of the best arpeggio's ive ever seen......and what about guns n roses paradise city?

Dont get me wrong alot of bands use powerchords but there is also alot more things used than powechords and triplets.

What kind of "metal-style" did you have in mind buddy??

Not to be awkward, but can you really consider GnR -really- metal? Certainly not the kind this guy is talking about anyway. I mean, i love GnR, but i've never looked at them as metal.

+Quote Post
psychoguitarist_...
Sep 29 2006, 08:14 AM
From: Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Asia (in case u don't know where India is)
If ur talkin 'bout metal, then it definitely is METALLICA!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 3 2006, 03:50 AM
What about Children of Bodom, Opeth, Death, Venom, Cannibal Corpse and bands like that??? Give the extreme metal bands some credit!! smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Oct 3 2006, 04:26 AM
Here, this is the stuff I want to cover in a metal lesson:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...=Outworld&hl=en

... then again, that's just triplets and power chords.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 3 2006, 10:19 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (InstruMental Case)
Here, this is the stuff I want to cover in a metal lesson:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...=Outworld&hl=en

... then again, that's just triplets and power chords.

Are you absolutely sure it's just triplets? >:< biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 3 2006, 10:22 AM
laugh.gif Rusty Cooley has awesome technique.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:43 AM