WHO YOU THINK IS THE BEST GUITARIST
Kris Dahl from this website :D [ 12 ] ** [14.12%]
Kirk Hammet from Metalliccaaa [ 9 ] ** [10.59%]
Jimi Hendrix (the dead one) [ 16 ] ** [18.82%]
Herman Lee from Dragonforce [ 1 ] ** [1.18%]
John Frusciante from Red Hot Chili Peppers [ 4 ] ** [4.71%]
Slash from Velvet Revolver [ 12 ] ** [14.12%]
The guy who funks in your trousers :) [ 3 ] ** [3.53%]
Anyone else? Please leave a message that says whoo(I am tired and cant think of anyone else) [ 28 ] ** [32.94%]
Total Votes: 85
Guests cannot vote 
Pi38
May 16 2008, 02:47 PM
GMC:er
I vote, either Muris, Kris, Marcus, or Paul Gilbert. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Pi38: May 16 2008, 02:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
May 16 2008, 04:36 PM
I think the poll choices are pretty weak and biased to be honest, but thats ok.

When I base who the top 10 guitarists or even the best guitarist is, I think "Who has MASTERED the guitar?" or at least gotten close? Names like Hendrix, Page, and SRV surely do not come to mind. While they were very influential and created a legacy in their respective styles, they did not go far from those styles, and guitar is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more than that.

I would have to say for the actual best guitarists who have unbelievable technical skill, versatility, excellent riffing, soloing, and songwriting ability; my list would be something like...

1: John Petrucci
2: Muris Virajic
3: Chris Broderick
4: Paul Waggoner

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gus
May 16 2008, 05:02 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ May 16 2008, 05:36 PM) *
"Who has MASTERED the guitar?"

I understand what you meant, and the names you pick, but it is still a controversial question tongue.gif

In comparison with football. Think of a really good defensive player who did not know how to score a goal. I don't think that meant he didn't mastered the game.
Of course you can argue that there are some guys who could play amazingly in any position, but that doesn't mean that the specialized ones do not deserve their spots on history...

This post has been edited by Gus: May 16 2008, 05:05 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Canis
May 16 2008, 05:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ah well, only 2 years late =)

I personally, am extremely inspired and motivated by Luca Turilli! So in my head, he's the best. But of course, there's nine billion opinions in the world =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
kyldeee
May 16 2008, 05:43 PM
The BEST guitarist for me is Mark Knopfler.... I just love his style and composing skills smile.gif

( can't you tell from my pics biggrin.gif laugh.gif )

This post has been edited by kyldeee: May 16 2008, 05:43 PM

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
May 16 2008, 11:00 PM
wow its been so long since i posted this, now i know so many more amazing guitarists! its like a time capsule, gmc

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:37 AM