Warning For Mac Folks With Avid Products
Todd Simpson
Oct 3 2015, 07:32 PM
GMC:er
If you are a MACINTOSH user, and have ANY AVID gear at all, DON"T UPGRADE TO OS X EL CAPITAIN! As of yet, NONE of the Avid products (including 11 Rack) are supported. Many folks are reporting problems with a variety of avid gear and even some M AUDIO GEAR has stopped working since Avid now owns M-Audio.

For those familiar with the long and awful history of Avid and the Macintosh, you know this problem well. Many folks running pro tools had to "freeze" their mac at certain points due to avid not supporting macintosh updates. Now that they own M audio, these problems will probably be magnified.

Sadly, I own an Avid Product. The 11 Rack and I use it for Pro Tools. (it let's me record a microphone on a cab, a dry signal and an effected signal, to separate tracks, all at once over USB which is just awesome and something very few devices can pull off)

Here is a link to the compatibility list of things not yet working under EL CAPITAIN. uggh.

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articl...ty-information/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kklee100
Oct 15 2015, 06:34 AM
Learning Rock Star
Line 6 product is the same. They can't be used in El Capitan so far.
Line 6 is working on the driver update but the release date is not sure.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 15 2015, 08:18 AM
GMC:er
Yup. I will NOT be upgrading anytime soon.

QUOTE (kklee100 @ Oct 15 2015, 01:34 AM) *
Line 6 product is the same. They can't be used in El Capitan so far.
Line 6 is working on the driver update but the release date is not sure.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:11 AM