Wisdom Lesson, Speed/cleaness
enlo22
Oct 20 2012, 07:09 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hi, i'm attempting to learn your Wisdom Lesson and i can get it down somewhat but it sounds some what sloppy and it's hard for me to stay on tempo specially during the arpeggio parts i feel like i tense up or something on half way.. it tends to happen to me on fast parts. What advice do you have for me in that aspect?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 20 2012, 12:01 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Oct 20 2012, 07:09 AM) *
Hi, i'm attempting to learn your Wisdom Lesson and i can get it down somewhat but it sounds some what sloppy and it's hard for me to stay on tempo specially during the arpeggio parts i feel like i tense up or something on half way.. it tends to happen to me on fast parts. What advice do you have for me in that aspect?

download "tuxguitar" ( unless you have guitarpro ) slow it down until it is slow enough you can play it perfect , then gradually increase tuxguitar until you can play the peice at speed

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 20 2012, 04:10 PM
Instructor
Hi man, I would say that it sounds just as simple as the fact that you're just trying to push it faster than you can go at the moment. I know it's a boring answer to hear but it's true smile.gif

A lot of the time it's because the fretting hand still isn't sure or 100% confident with where it's going. We might know intellectually what we're meant to be playing but the hands themselves have not gotten accustomed to the patterns. Memorising the patterns is one thing but really being able to go through it with confidence is another thing. Just give yourself enough time to get it right before pushing it faster.

+Quote Post
enlo22
Oct 26 2012, 01:04 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 20 2012, 03:10 PM) *
Hi man, I would say that it sounds just as simple as the fact that you're just trying to push it faster than you can go at the moment. I know it's a boring answer to hear but it's true smile.gif

A lot of the time it's because the fretting hand still isn't sure or 100% confident with where it's going. We might know intellectually what we're meant to be playing but the hands themselves have not gotten accustomed to the patterns. Memorising the patterns is one thing but really being able to go through it with confidence is another thing. Just give yourself enough time to get it right before pushing it faster.

agreed! I just need patience, what really gets frustrating is the fact that there's days where i can nail it then others where it's just like "what the heck*" and it gets disappointing at times

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 26 2012, 10:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Oct 26 2012, 01:04 AM) *
agreed! I just need patience, what really gets frustrating is the fact that there's days where i can nail it then others where it's just like "what the heck*" and it gets disappointing at times

Yeah, patience is a hard thing to acquire I'll admit ! smile.gif

But you will get there !!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:48 PM