Downtuning Acoustic Guitar
Mertay
Apr 17 2016, 09:25 PM
GMC:er
A friend of mine who kept dragging me to the store finally bought his acoustic smile.gif Its a Mexican made Taylor that has a koa back, also bought an amp-a Marshall ASD100D. The amp was surprisingly suited for home usage, colors the sound but was pleasing to my friend.

The guitar was played a lot by the store guys there smile.gif whats interesting is it was usually downtuned by 2 frets (e string to d etc.) and had thick strings. Of course we tried it with standard tuning too but such tunning also gave the guitar a cool sound. Hard to explain, maybe not thicker but warmer but the change was more about slight character change. Not sure which he'll prefer as taking the capo on and off isn't ideal but was a nice experience for me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Mertay   Downtuning Acoustic Guitar   Apr 17 2016, 09:25 PM
- - Chris S.   My cousin does a lot of acoustic covers of heavy s...   Apr 17 2016, 09:41 PM
- - Patrock   QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 17 2016, 08:25 PM) A ...   May 30 2016, 09:23 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:25 AM