Pentatonic And Diatonic Soloing Options, Stay on topic please
lcsdds
Mar 3 2009, 05:05 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
So I want to go over our Pentatonic and Diatonic soloing options in this thread. That way if you guys need to go over it again it is all in one place. Try and stay on topic in this thread please. I'll post later and recap what we have discussed already. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lcsdds
Mar 4 2009, 07:51 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Guys..For our collab we are working in D lydian. I want all of your thinking to be in terms of D lydian.

When you see a straight D major chord with no extensions...Not Dmaj7 or Dmaj9...plain old D major your reasoning should be this:

D major:

3 major mode options>D Ionian, D lydian and D mixolydian....Our collab is a lydian collab so I want you to use D lydian.

1 Pentatonic option>D major pentatonic....Now technically you could use any of the pentatonic scales found in D lydian, but D major pentatonic is the Strongest choice and I want you thinking in terms of "D" when soloing over a D.

I want all you thinking to be in terms of the chord you are soloing over.

If you are soloing over D major everything should be thought of in terms of D and not the other modes built off of the different notes that comprise the D major type modes.

Don't complicate things....We'll do that soon enough. Our collab is in D lydian so I want you to just use D lydian even though I know you know that there are other options. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:54 AM