Last Day Of "live" Music Lessons!
mattacuk
Feb 16 2008, 01:43 PM
Lets go fishing!
Ok so a few weeks ago I announced to my music teacher that i would no longer be requireing lessons. Why? Because his knowledge of guitar playing had dried up within a few months. blink.gif To be fair, he is a really nice chap, the main reason I stayed with him this long. I like to give anything a good chance as sometimes you have to work hard at things to produce the best results.

Ultimatly though I think he falls into the typical bracket of the kind of guitar teachers that just hold you back sad.gif 99% of my technique, knowledge and theory has all come from GMC, and he had told me that he had never seen most of the techniques that I use - which is a little worrying.

And so, it is clear to me more than ever just how usefull Guitarmasterclass.net is in molding young guitar students. I can tell anyone who has started there musical journey here with GMC you are very lucky indeed !! I hope one day to be able to teach young guitarists in my area the RIGHT way to go about practicing and studying guitar. Being able to choose your instructor/s because of there abilities rather than geographical location is very important. And thanks to the modern age this is possible through the wonders of the Internet biggrin.gif

That is my little rant for the day over with wink.gif thanks for listening!

regards,

Matt smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Feb 16 2008, 01:44 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 01:55 PM