Hd Cam Video Quality, Image sensors??
thefireball
Feb 20 2012, 03:14 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm wanting to get a cheap, but not crappy full HD camcorder. Budget is under $500.

I can get a Toshiba X416 for around $300. I hate that there are no real reviews out there for this camera. I want to know if the video is going to be crisp. The image quality for stills is 16 MP. But what about when I video? And what of the Image Sensor? I'm kinda foggy on what that has to do with the quality. Maybe you can help clear up the wiki on an image sensor? Does the specs mean I will have the look of 5 MP for video??! if so, I'm not going to get the camera. I know I can't have the crisp quality of a Canon 5D, but I do want something relatively nice. smile.gif I'm just starting out on HD.

kinda confused on the geeky terms,
Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 20 2012, 11:32 AM
Instructor
Look at DSLR topic on my board, has an explanation of the image sensors. Any HD camera in daylight will give approximately decent picture. What image sensor characterize is its ability to adapt to conditions of low light situations, where is image density most visible. Looking at a couple of X 416 Camileo shots, in your case this is not satisfied. The basic model costs about $ 220 and is completely the same as the model that you mentioned, except that your model has a large internal memory and therefore a higher price.
Do this: take your memory card, go to the store,try the camera with your card (I believe that will allow you to), and then analyze shots at home, that's the best way, so if you are satisfied then buy it. Finally, I would recommend you to take a better HD model/brand - Canon, Panasonic, Sony, everything else is more or less useless, except for family gatherings or holidays. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:05 AM