16 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Corona Virus Spreading Out Of China
Mertay
Apr 6 2020, 10:37 AM
GMC:er
Worst pandemic leader ever; https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/05/uk/boris...irus/index.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 6 2020, 11:58 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 6 2020, 10:37 AM) *

so.. you do know CNN is considered fake news , they told us they had proof of Trump being a russian agent for three years , now their paper's a good replacement for toilet paper,just take with a grain of salt, a very big grain

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 6 2020, 12:32 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 6 2020, 10:58 AM) *

CNN (or other) isn't fake news, independent journalism is biggrin.gif

But its true he's hospitalized from other sources. If it weren't for France prime minister threaten him to stop all commercial affiliations, UK would be going through a tragedy now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 6 2020, 04:21 PM
CNN is no more 'fake news' than Fox.
The Boris Johnson story is completely legit. There's nothing even remotely controversial about it. He has lingering symptoms and they want to check him out.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Apr 6 2020, 04:27 PM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 6 2020, 06:02 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Not talking about that story in particular. But in the last 4 years, and longer, Fox had been far more accurate than CNN in their reporting. It's not even close. CNN has been wrong so often that they really have no credibility as a news organization anymore. I'll take it further and say that CNN is straight up propaganda for anything political or politicized. Worse than a tabloid and worse than fake news. The Russians couldn't dream of doing a fraction of what CNN and some other news organizations have tried to do to influence the outcome of elections in this country.
Edit
The extreme bias coming from them and some other news organizations is so completely obvious that everyone should recognize it. They don't try to hide it, and many so called journalists from these outlets have admitted it, are unapologetic about it, and even wear their extreme bias as a badge of honor.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Apr 6 2020, 07:43 PM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 6 2020, 09:19 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 6 2020, 04:21 PM) *
CNN is no more 'fake news' than Fox.
The Boris Johnson story is completely legit. There's nothing even remotely controversial about it. He has lingering symptoms and they want to check him out.
it is how they color a story and turn it into propaganda , weather it is left or right ..
you need some Jimmy dore stat and all I ever watch from fox is Tucker Carlson , The hills rising and I find the truth usually finds itself right in the middle

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Apr 6 2020, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 6 2020, 10:15 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 6 2020, 05:02 PM) *
Not talking about that story in particular. But in the last 4 years, and longer, Fox had been far more accurate than CNN in their reporting.

True but when the next president is a democrat fox will be just like cnn again its just how media works (not specific to USA either). The losing side goes into propaganda period as long as needed, the winning side stop pressures their journalists so they can actually have some time to do their job biggrin.gif

Cnn international is globally stronger than fox specially on TV, thats why my habit is following them as a non-US citizen. Their website is also to me better than fox.

https://www.foxnews.com/category/newsedge/international
https://edition.cnn.com

This post has been edited by Mertay: Apr 6 2020, 11:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 7 2020, 01:35 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 6 2020, 01:15 PM) *
True but when the next president is a democrat fox will be just like cnn again its just how media works (not specific to USA either). The losing side goes into propaganda period as long as needed, the winning side stop pressures their journalists so they can actually have some time to do their job biggrin.gif

Cnn international is globally stronger than fox specially on TV, thats why my habit is following them as a non-US citizen. Their website is also to me better than fox.

https://www.foxnews.com/category/newsedge/international
https://edition.cnn.com

I have to disagree with you on that, at least in part and basically on the degree of fairness and balance. Fox has never been just like CNN. Not even close. The vast majority of big news media was in protection mode for the last administration. Obama was a media darling to the majority of the media to a much higher degree than Trump is a media darling to one big network which is Fox news. Call it propoganda lite if you want but they were very reluctant to report on things that would be unfavorable to that administration and even when they did, they made light of things, dropped it and moved on. Now that a somewhat more conservative admin is in office, they are reluctant or flat out refuse to report on anything positive or may cast the current admin in a positive way. The amount of uncorroborated and unsourced so called bombshells that have come and gone from media like CNN and MSNBC (just to name a couple) that have turned out to be completely wrong are far more numerous compared to what we have ever seen from Fox. And Fox has been more balanced and accurate in their reporting during either admin. Of course Fox leans one way, but the vast majority of the other big networks lean the other way to a greater degree, and even though they may lean to the right, Fox has been consistently more accurate for more than a decade.

There have been studies done at different universities over the years that have consistently shown that the vast majority of the media leans left and that during this admin, the reporting has been in the high 90's percentile in the negative. It was the opposite to almost the same degree during the previous admin. So although there is some truth to what you say. It is far from equal or balanced from one side to the other.
The bottom line is that this admin hasn't got a fair shake from the vast majority of the media in this country and arguably the world, with many being completely hostile to conservatives and this admin. And it wasn't close to being equally the opposite during the previous admin.

We all have our opinions on this and I don't want to turn this into a debate on media bias because this thread, or this forum for that matter is not really the place for it and we all have better things to do, so I'll just add a couple of things and be done with the topic before we go off on a tangent.
I assure you that I can show numerous examples and overwhelming evidence that supports my view to the extent that there really isn't a good argument against it, and it appears to me that most people see it too when you look at the various favorability ratings, grading and polling on the subject. It also seems that some don't want to admit it, or don't care, or that some may think that the level of irresponsible journslism we are seeing is somehow justified because of a political ideology, but what the media and the Democrats have tried to do to this President and his supporters is beyond disgraceful in my view.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Apr 7 2020, 03:15 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 7 2020, 05:17 AM
Can we try to focus on the facts at hand? The facts are frankly shocking. Here is a clip (NOT CNN OR FOX) that tracks the timeline of how we got from having very few cases to having more cases than any country in the united states. It's just a bunch of clips from the news and words from the lips of our leaders/experts put in to a timeline. This is how we got to where we are today. All we know for sure is that this is not a "hoax". It's real.

*IF YOU DON"T HAVE TO GO TO THE STORE THIS WEEK, THE GOVT SAYS YOU SHOULD STAY HOME. THIS IS IT PEOPLE. THE BAD WEEK. STAY HOME< STAY SAFE.

*for some reason the Governor in Georgia has OPENED THE BEACHES!!!!! Sheer stupidity and insanity. Funeral homes are running out of body bags. There is no more space at any of the morgues in the hot spots. They are putting frozen meat trucks in the back of the hospitals in new york to fill with dead bodies.Now they are considering mass graves. Something we have not done since world war II

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 6 2020, 06:58 AM) *
so.. you do know CNN is considered fake news , they told us they had proof of Trump being a russian agent for three years , now their paper's a good replacement for toilet paper,just take with a grain of salt, a very big grain

Let's leave all that kind of talk out of this thread before it gets closed please? Accusations of who is and isn't fake news we can just leave to our illustrious president who is not shy about calling anyone "fake news"? Everyone knows which news is fake and which isn't. Trying to convince the other side is just a silly slap fight waiting to happen. Thankyou for your restraint.

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 6 2020, 01:02 PM) *
Not talking about that story in particular. But in the last 4 years, and longer, Fox had been far more accurate than CNN in their reporting. It's not even close. CNN has been wrong so often that they really have no credibility as a news organization anymore. I'll take it further and say that CNN is straight up propaganda for anything political or politicized. Worse than a tabloid and worse than fake news. The Russians couldn't dream of doing a fraction of what CNN and some other news organizations have tried to do to influence the outcome of elections in this country.
Edit
The extreme bias coming from them and some other news organizations is so completely obvious that everyone should recognize it. They don't try to hide it, and many so called journalists from these outlets have admitted it, are unapologetic about it, and even wear their extreme bias as a badge of honor.

Let's leave our personal views of who is and isn't "Fake news" out of this thread please before it gets closed? Everyone has their own thoughts on who is and isn't full of crap and we can just please keep those to ourselves in order to keep this conversation going? Feel free to share clips/vids/etc. Just lets try to restrain ourselves on accussations of what is and isnt fake news? We don't need another silly slapfight causing this information thread to get shut down. Thanks for our restraint in this matter.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 7 2020, 05:34 AM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 7 2020, 07:26 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 6 2020, 08:17 PM) *
All we know for sure is that this is not a "hoax". It's real.

No-one has ever said that it was a "hoax" in reality. Sorry about the little sidetrack we got off on there. I said my piece in response to someone else and I'm over it now. I'll ask you for a favor too though. Please be more careful and pay better attention to the things you post here. For example, the other day you mistakenly posted that there were over 721,000 deaths worldwide from Covid-19 when as of today there are just under 75,000. Back then, the number was just over 34,000. That post was from March 29th and is on the 9th page of this thread and the error was the very last statement that you made. It is under the video if you would like to go back and correct it. I responded to you in the very next post and corrected you but I guess you must have missed it.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Apr 7 2020, 04:24 PM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 7 2020, 01:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 7 2020, 05:17 AM) *
Let's leave our personal views of who is and isn't "Fake news" out of this thread please before it gets closed? Everyone has their own thoughts on who is and isn't full of crap and we can just please keep those to ourselves in order to keep this conversation going? Feel free to share clips/vids/etc. Just lets try to restrain ourselves on accussations of what is and isnt fake news? We don't need another silly slapfight causing this information thread to get shut down. Thanks for our restraint in this matter.

so ..you can give any story or news source , but if I question it I am the one in the wrong ..that's ripe , especially coming from the one most responsible for getting threads shut down since "you voted " to not have political dialog ..Of which I voted to keep political dialog exactly for this reason , if we need to discuss something of utmost importance .. it is way to easy for you to shut my speech down just by saying" I am the one " being controversial ,all the while you get to say what you think

was it fake news, a Freudian slip or just an accident when you said 721,000 people died when only 75,000 had , was is good for rich to call that out or is that too controversial to point out

How about this :
Getting laid off sends many into depression
same people are not suppose to go outside to even exercise (which is a leading stress reducer )
except to go to the grocery store the only place where everyone is telling everyone to go , if you have money,(if you want to have a pandemic , tell everyone to go to the same place )
The stupid people in charge have no clue what to do , you see this as their suggestions on what to do changes every other day and the way in which Media sensationalizes, this needs to be called out , weather it is fox , Cnn or ABC running a story about a covid-19 ward in new york when it was taken from Italy

I said CNN was fake for saying Trump was a russian agent, and they had the proof, for 3 years and the Mueller report cleared him, prove me wrong that CNN did not do that and I will strike it..( funny how the stupidest president "ever" , covered his tracks so well )
Did you know the Meullar team even dropped the case against the Russians they indicted , thats how poor their case was .

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Apr 7 2020, 02:06 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 8 2020, 03:36 AM
I was referencing our president. He was the one who said it was a hoax, see vid below. Folks have been twisting themselves in to pretzels trying to say that despite him saying it several times, he meant something entirely different. It's not worth a back and forth as folks are gonna believe what they want. I'm just sharing the vid that I was making the reference for. I was trying not to use his name directly as I didn't want this to devolve in to a closed thread. But, here he is using the H word saying that the democrats basically made it up as a way to attack him. Surely you saw this on the news? I apologize for getting one of my numbers wrong and thanks for the correction. Skip to 3:56 to see him say this is their new "hoax" and mention nobody has died yet. Then they have Fauci come on and they ask him if it's a hoax at 6:16 and he side steps it.

My only point being this is a very real thing and was treated as a fake thing for several weeks while it took hold of our country. Either way, we are where we are and we have to work out way out of it together. So who said what doesn't change anything. Just wanted to point out that somebody pretty important did in fact use the "H" word several times. Simple as that.

To prevent my making another typo, here is a screen grab of current numbers. See for yourself where we are. The united states is having trouble "Flattening the curve" and our health care system is being overwhelmed. This is bad news.

Attached Image

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 7 2020, 02:26 AM) *
No-one has ever said that it was a "hoax" in reality. Sorry about the little sidetrack we got off on there. I said my piece in response to someone else and I'm over it now. I'll ask you for a favor too though. Please be more careful and pay better attention to the things you post here. For example, the other day you mistakenly posted that there were over 721,000 deaths worldwide from Covid-19 when as of today there are just under 75,000. Back then, the number was just over 34,000. That post was from March 29th and is on the 9th page of this thread and the error was the very last statement that you made. It is under the video if you would like to go back and correct it. I responded to you in the very next post and corrected you but I guess you must have missed it.

This is a long clip showing how the information from nearly every source has been confusing and contradictory. CDC has contradicted itself several times, and changed it's position several times, not to mention the W.H.O. This is a NOVEL "New" Virus so everyone is figuring it out as they go and as a result, as new info becomes available, the recommendations change in real time. This results in serious confusion on the part of the audience which is why I started this thread. To try to keep up with the constant changes. Per the still image, we are NOT flattening the curve and instead, we are seeing a HUGE spike up. This is very very bad. It's going to be hard. We are going to have to pull together.

One this is clear. We are [b]LEADING THE WORLD IN DAILY DEATHS, per chart below. [/b
Attached Image

Here is the live vid that I'm taking these grabs from.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 8 2020, 03:49 AM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 8 2020, 08:14 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 7 2020, 06:36 PM) *
I was referencing our president. He was the one who said it was a hoax, see vid below. Folks have been twisting themselves in to pretzels trying to say that despite him saying it several times, he meant something entirely different. It's not worth a back and forth as folks are gonna believe what they want. I'm just sharing the vid that I was making the reference for. I was trying not to use his name directly as I didn't want this to devolve in to a closed thread. But, here he is using the H word saying that the democrats basically made it up as a way to attack him. Surely you saw this on the news? I apologize for getting one of my numbers wrong and thanks for the correction. Skip to 3:56 to see him say this is their new "hoax" and mention nobody has died yet. Then they have Fauci come on and they ask him if it's a hoax at 6:16 and he side steps it.

Yeah, I knew exactly what you were referring to. That snippet is taken completely out of context, in fact there is no context at all in that short little snippet. Trump was comparing the Democrats politicization of the crisis and the ctiticism of the Trump administrations response to the virus to the Russiagate fiasco which he also calls a hoax and also his impeachment in the House which he calls a hoax as well. He also has described those two Democrat endeavors as "witch hunts" which they certainly look to be and were a complete waste of time and taxpayer dollars. This is what most voters believe by the way. He in no way called the virus itself a hoax, period. I know this because I saw the entire statement in full context from him myself. Nevermind what the "news" says. It's just more bs political spin, simple as that. And that's putting it nicely.

This is from Snopes. The link is below.

What's True

During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-cor...s-rally-remark/

This is from factcheck.org with a link below.

Even after Trump explained his remarks, some Democrats — including former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg — continued to wrongly accuse Trump of describing the coronavirus as a “hoax.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trump-and-the-new-hoax/

And finally, this is the entire video of the rally in Charleston. Scroll to 1:13:55 To see for yourself what was said in context and unedited.

I hope this thread does not get closed because I think it's important, although I believe there have been some significant exaggerations made here. But I can't let you get by with making a claim like that which is clearly false without a correction, or a challenge if that's what you want to call it.
And thank you for the correction in your earlier post about the number of deaths from Covid-19.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Apr 8 2020, 04:22 PM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 8 2020, 12:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
A little common sense ,might go a long way

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 8 2020, 07:49 PM
GMC Founder
We have tried going the politics path before and it did not work out too well. So unless this thread can be kept strictly fact driven around the coronavirus we will have to close it.

Even though Tucker Carlson has had some occasional good moments in regards to the coronavirus - embedding fox new videos generally takes us further away from facts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 8 2020, 08:10 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 8 2020, 10:49 AM) *
Even though Tucker Carlson has had some occasional good moments in regards to the coronavirus - embedding fox new videos generally takes us further away from facts.

That is your opinion and highly debatable. I hope you are not going to sensor, or even discourage news reports from Fox news.
You can do what you want obviously, it's your party, but it wouldn't be right.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Apr 8 2020, 08:13 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 8 2020, 08:24 PM
GMC Founder
Generally we want to avoid any thread that ends up being a copy and paste of various news sources - whether they are legit or not.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 8 2020, 08:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 8 2020, 08:24 PM) *
Generally we want to avoid any thread that ends up being a copy and paste of various news sources - whether they are legit or not.

I think I see what you want ..If a video has good info. and it is worth saying, type it out , condense it , a link (for conformation ) and debate the essence of the video

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 8 2020, 08:39 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I'm not sure I follow you. Isn't that what this thread has been about from the beginning? Sharing news and personal observations about Covid-19? This thread is full of cut and paste from various news sources isn't it? Not trying to argue with you, just looking for some clarification.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 8 2020, 08:50 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 8 2020, 09:39 PM) *
I'm not sure I follow you. Isn't that what this thread has been about from the beginning? Sharing news and personal observations about Covid-19? This thread is full of cut and paste from various news sources isn't it? Not trying to argue with you, just looking for some clarification.

Yes, it seems so. And this can take us into political ground if we are not careful - which is what seems to be happening now.

I am more than happy to discuss politics - but I have found that for the good of the community it is best left out here.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 8 2020, 09:31 PM) *
I think I see what you want ..If a video has good info. and it is worth saying, type it out , condense it , a link (for conformation ) and debate the essence of the video

Generally yeah, if we use our own analysis - discussions seem to get more friendly and contain less 'fake news' stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:02 AM