Power Amps And Recording Guitars.........
GrowingDown1
Oct 20 2007, 01:28 AM
GMC:er
Ok, I now have everything I need for my home studio. I have a Tascam US428 mixer, an Edirol PCR300 midi keyboard controller, a set of Behringer 2030P passive monitors, EZdrummer, Cubase SE, Traktion 2, Guitar Rig 2, Amplitube, and of course my computer, guitars, and bass. I am still in need of a power amp for the monitors. They are 100W and I dont really need anything expensive I would say. I just need something to power them. Can anyone tell me what I would need as far as the power amp is concerned?

Also, how would you suggest recording guitars and bass? Is it better to go straight through a program like guitar rig as a VST, or through my pedal board to the mixer to the computer? Or, (and this is what I would like to do) I have read that to make great guitar recordings at home you can take a table, flip it on its side and cover it with a blanket, then put the table in front of your amp (creating a sort of sound chamber), mike the amp, and record the guitars that way. What do you guys suggest? Oh, one more thing, is Ozone really that beneficial to non-professional recordings?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars
PRS Custom 22
ESP EC 1000 Deluxe
Takamine EF341C
Ibanez Soundgear Bass

Effects
Zoom 7.1UT
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Facory
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Boss GT2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss BF-3 Flanger

Amp
Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 half Stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:23 PM