> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Sumit's Chords And Melodies
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 20 2013, 08:51 AM
Instructor
Perfect smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 21 2013, 05:34 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
cosmin, i have a question about recognizing the chords directly by listening to the song.
I heard that you start by picking up the bass line. then what ?
a bass line only provides 12 fret pitches for the song. And in all there are thousands of chords . how to go from 12 fret pitches to getting the exact chord which could be Bbsus4 or Ebdim etc. ??

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 21 2013, 07:01 AM
Another Question cosmin smile.gif

I am asking this because i don't want to pickup a bad habit of strumming .

today i have started learning this song.

hendrix meets sayce

i have a question while playing the 2nd half of the first lick

E  E  E   S S S  S E  S  S E      E  E  E  Q     E  S  S S S  
E||---------------------------------|-----------------------------|
B||---------------------------------|-----------9b----7--9p-7-----|
G||-----------------------------7~--|--L--------9b----7--9p-7-----|
D||--------9~--L-7-9p-7---------7~--|--L--9--7----------------9-7-|
A||---------------------9--7h-9-----|-----------------------------|
E||--7--7---------------------------|-----------------------------|

while playing the 2 string strumming part --

B||-|-----------9b----7--9p-7-----|
G||-|--L--------9b----7--9p-7-----|

I am not sure whether it should be an alternate strumming of down up down up ... or down down down down or something else..
My feeling is to play down up down up ... but i am finding it easier to play down down down down...

Also not sure which will produce the right sound...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 21 2013, 05:46 PM
Instructor
Hey Sumit - here ya go mate, a quick vid for you wink.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 22 2013, 06:43 AM
got it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 22 2013, 08:52 AM
Instructor
wink.gif Glad I could assist - let me know when you have that Dire Straits solo down at 75% k?

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 22 2013, 10:12 AM
I don't know if this will help you in identifying the problem because mic levels were too high

This post has been edited by sumitnxt: Mar 22 2013, 10:13 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  slowed_sultans_solo.mp3 ( 3.97MB ) Number of downloads: 75

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 23 2013, 07:44 PM
hey cosmin whats up ? didn't see you ?? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 23 2013, 09:40 PM
Instructor
Hey mate - I had a gig last evening and I am shooting GMC lessons as we speak, but I'll get back to you as soon as I finish here smile.gif Stay tuned!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 23 2013, 11:52 PM
Instructor
Alright Sumit I listened to it and I think that there is a lot of work to be done here regarding the following:

- you are missing some notes in comparison to the original
- the phrasing needs more work as it has some notes that are missing or aren't quite in timing compared to the original
- some of the bends and vibratos lead to notes which are out of pitch.

My recommendation would be the following:

Slow the original solo down in a DAW or with VLC media player - it is possible like that and try to record your version over the slowed down original and thus you will notice the imperfections. What do you say? Do we have a deal? smile.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 24 2013, 08:31 AM
sounds perfect smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 24 2013, 05:57 PM
Instructor
Absolutely great man! It's a pleasure to work with you wink.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
May 5 2013, 09:02 AM
hi cosmin,

i was listening to cocaine ( eric clapton ) today and thought it would be fun to play some improvised solo over the chord progression of cocaine.
since i am new to the concept of improvisation, can you help me ? the chord progressions is simply E and D. I have created a backing track ( attached ) if you want to hear it.

I know its a blues song .. so E blues scale should be good to improvise right ?
I don't wan't to actually create a solo of my own rather to create small phrases and if possible spontaneously so that i can jam over the track continuously for hours tongue.gif

Cosmin can you elaborate the process of improvisation for me please ?

rgds,

sumit

Attached File(s)
Attached File  cocain_jam.mp3 ( 1.36MB ) Number of downloads: 85

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2013, 01:48 PM
Instructor
Hey man - it's a lot to write, so a video will be most appropriate smile.gif

Stay tuned and tomorrow I'll shed some light in a video that I'll prepare for ya, ok?

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
May 5 2013, 02:49 PM
that'll be great smile.gif

here is a 5 minute jam i played over the same track , i just picked 5 notes ( mostly 4 ) from e minor pentatonic tried to play anything that would come across my mind at that time. let me know what you think about it.

rgds,

sumit

Attached File(s)
Attached File  jam_on_cocaine.mp3 ( 11.02MB ) Number of downloads: 106

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2013, 09:14 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif I will talk to you about in the video as well, but at first glance:

- there are a few ideas which are musical, they have direction and timing
- the bends are not reaching the desired pitch
- you are using too much of the track and thus you are getting lost - use a much smaller portion and you'll see that when you need to cover up less time on a track, you will be far more able to concentrate your ideas and give them a sense of direction.
- the timing is faulty in many spots

Stay tuned for the vid mate!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
May 6 2013, 11:11 AM
thanks for the review cosmin, lets fix all of that smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2013, 09:19 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif Here we go:

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
May 7 2013, 08:44 AM
great video cosmin, i seem to have understood the theory.
now lets see about practice smile.gif

here is a small jingle i have played over cmaj7 chord... let me know if i am on the right track and how to improve further ?

rgds,

sumit

Attached File(s)
Attached File  improv.L.mp3 ( 663.33K ) Number of downloads: 76

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 7 2013, 09:06 AM
Instructor
Hey man!

I think the last lick in the row is the best one, so far.

Let's set some coordinates wink.gif I want you to come up with a lick over the CM7 chord in which you will use only the C, E and G notes in any octave you desire. Try to create a pattern of your own and make me - the listener - remember it smile.gif Deal?

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:29 PM