Help With Recording Guitar Videos
Guitar1969
Oct 29 2008, 01:12 AM
GMC:er
I am interested in trying out the monthly competitions, and I was wondering if there's any threads here at GMC to give tips on how to shoot video and get good video and sound quality.

I thought there was a subforum for this but I can't seem to locate it, and I've searched a bit.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Daniel Robinson
Oct 30 2008, 02:00 AM
Instructor
There is another option for doing the audio/video which i will try to explain.

This is how i record my lessons, and it takes the editing phase out of the loop.

I use my vid camera as a streaming device, i have a USB interface that plugs into the computer and the camera plugs S-video into the interface device.

I set up my sound options in my vid program. I am using Windows Movie Maker btw, its no frills but it gets the job done. I set my audio for "Stereo mix" and have my guitar plugged into the computer thru my Digitech GNX3, before hand i make my main video backing track in Sonar, and mix it down as an mp3.

Now, i just use Windows Media player to play the mp3 and i record into Windows Movie maker the audio and video at the same time. By doing it this way i don't have to edit anything...well almost nothing, i do have to crop the clip a bit so i remove unwanted silence. The benefit of doing it this way is not having to worry about editing the file, or syncing it.

The downside is because i am using my vid camera as a streaming device into the Movie maker i have to play the lesson from front to back with no mistakes, sometimes it takes a few takes to get it just the way i want it.

Daniel

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:23 PM