> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

40 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Hiimalex's Thread, for Gab's Army
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 1 2015, 07:44 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 1 2015, 12:52 PM) *
Great Alex. Work on everything you need to work during this week and share new stuff on friday, if it's possible. Is it ok?

Sure, definitely sounds good and works for me smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 2 2015, 01:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jun 1 2015, 03:44 PM) *
Sure, definitely sounds good and works for me smile.gif

Great! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 5 2015, 11:16 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel!

How are you doing? It is summer weather in Sweden now, very hot outside.
As you know this will be a huge update, about the Creativity Workout I have posted in the thread.

Here is my ear training answers, I did not felt that the assignment was that hard. Though I think it is hard to separate the perfect 5th and perfect 4th.
1. Perfect 5th
2. Perfect 4th
3. Major 3rd
4. Major 7th
5. Octave
6. Major 6th
7. Perfect 4th
8. Perfect 5th
9. Major 2nd
10. Perfect 4th

WOW I can't say anything else about the melody workout, this is so AMAZINGLY FUN I enjoy it so much smile.gif I absolutley LOVE this workout!
I can notice how my ear training has improved, here I can hear when I play over wrong chord easily which I thought was really hard for some weeks ago. Even if I can not always hear what the chord is ( The G and Em sounds really similar). I think I messed up little at the ending. I usually play a similar phrase over each chord, but I think this turned out quite catchy smile.gif

The timing, I have practiced this over the week with my eyes closed and feeling the groove with my head and foot.
I feel like I have improved my 8th notes and I am almost 100% sure that these are better than last week.

https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/timing-funky-8th-notes

And here are the quarter notes same here, practiced with eyes closed and feeling the groove with head and foot. I am not fully sure about if these are better or if I am ahead of the beat.

https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/timing-funky-4th-notes

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Jun 5 2015, 11:20 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 6 2015, 04:33 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Great stuff here! You are doing a great job with all the different topics and tasks that we are covering! Congrats! smile.gif

At first, the ear training answers are perfect. Well done!

I'm glad to know that you are enjoying the melody workout. You are getting familiar with the scale and note choices, You still need to continue doing this, in different parts of the neck and slowly start to focus more on the melodies and phrases. What do I mean? I can see that you are focusing on the note choices and that's exactly what I asked, now, you gradually should focus on the structure of your phrasing as well as some other elements, one at a time: rhythm, articulation, vibrato, bending, etc. The first thing I recommend you to do is to try use more rhythm variation and different notes duration. You tend to play with the same rhythm and with a staccato effect all the time. That's our next goal, ok?

The timing workout shows improvements but there is still a lot of hard work to do to master these ones. There are some moments when you are tight but most of the time you are not there. But don't worry, you're in the right track, just keep on working hard! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 7 2015, 01:34 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel!
Thank you Gabriel for this feedback, it put a smile on my face smile.gif
I will work more on rhythm variation different notes duration. What exactly is articulation?
To my ears I tend to play behind the beat, I know I should play on the beat but I just wanted to make sure that I heard correctly.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 7 2015, 07:03 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! You deserve this feeling, you are working hard and results are very notable. smile.gif

Articulation is related to the musical performance technique that affects the transition or continuity on a single note. The two extremes could be staccato and legato, but off course there are many possibilities.

About timing workout, it's irregular, sometimes you go before and other times you go after the beat.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 8 2015, 08:30 AM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 7 2015, 06:03 PM) *
Hi Alex! You deserve this feeling, you are working hard and results are very notable. smile.gif

Articulation is related to the musical performance technique that affects the transition or continuity on a single note. The two extremes could be staccato and legato, but off course there are many possibilities.

About timing workout, it's irregular, sometimes you go before and other times you go after the beat.

Hey Gabriel! I am pleasent to hear that smile.gif

I will practice the upcoming weeks to imrpove my articulation.
I wonder about the Melody workout as I should play in different places of the neck, should I play it in the pentatonic boxes one at time?
When do you want me to share new stuff again?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2015, 02:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jun 8 2015, 04:30 AM) *
Hey Gabriel! I am pleasent to hear that smile.gif

I will practice the upcoming weeks to imrpove my articulation.
I wonder about the Melody workout as I should play in different places of the neck, should I play it in the pentatonic boxes one at time?
When do you want me to share new stuff again?

Yes! At first work on 1 shape at a time, maybe one each day could be a good idea. Then we'll work on some stuff to connect everything.

I'd like to receive news from you on Friday. Not necessary new takes for everything, but at least some updates, and everything on Monday 15th.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 9 2015, 10:13 AM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 8 2015, 01:24 PM) *
Yes! At first work on 1 shape at a time, maybe one each day could be a good idea. Then we'll work on some stuff to connect everything.

I'd like to receive news from you on Friday. Not necessary new takes for everything, but at least some updates, and everything on Monday 15th.

Woho sounds excellent smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 9 2015, 02:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jun 9 2015, 06:13 AM) *
Woho sounds excellent smile.gif

Great! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 11 2015, 01:39 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel!
I am not sure if you will get updates by tomorrow, my little brother got graduation and such stuff today so if you do not have a new update from me tomorrow, you will have it on saturday smile.gif
And just wanted to make sure that you saw my PM I sent you?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 11 2015, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Thanks for the update!

I got your message, we are still defining the first group. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 12 2015, 11:04 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hola Amigo!

I have summer holiday now which means, I have more time to practice and that I hopefully can attend more of you inspiring V-chats.
I have two new timing takes for you. I have practiced this with closed eyes and feeling the groove with head and foot.
The 4th notes
https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/timing-quarter-notes-105-bpm
and the 8th notes.
https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/timing-8th-notes-105-bpm

I have almost practiced in ever G major pentatonic box now. Do you want me another take where I play within a pentatonic box or shall we do some stuff to connect the different boxes with each other first before I give you a new video on the Melody Workout?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2015, 06:43 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! This takes show improvements but there is still room to make the 4th notes tighter and even more for 8hs. Remember to follow hi-hats while you play 8th notes.

It's great to know that you have more practice time now, we should organize your diary sessions. This should help you to focus more on the areas that are giving issues and also to keep on progressing.

Do you have any ideas on the practice structure?
What things are you currently practicing every day?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 13 2015, 08:30 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 13 2015, 05:43 PM) *
Hi Alex! This takes show improvements but there is still room to make the 4th notes tighter and even more for 8hs. Remember to follow hi-hats while you play 8th notes.

It's great to know that you have more practice time now, we should organize your diary sessions. This should help you to focus more on the areas that are giving issues and also to keep on progressing.

Do you have any ideas on the practice structure?
What things are you currently practicing every day?

Hey Gabriel!
When I am not playing guitar and just listening to the backing track I can hear the hi-hat, but when I play I find it hard to hear the hi-hat.
I do not have any ideas at the moment how to organize my upcoming practice sessions, I just know that I want to be able to play tight and not have all these timing issues sad.gif

My current daily practice session looks like this:
Timing 30-40 min
Creativity ( Melody Workout or Creativity Workout ) 20-30 min
Ear Training 10 min
But now when I have holiday I have much more time to practice, so do you have any ideas to organize my time in a better way or should I add something to my practice session? Perhaps something that would help my play be able to play tight with backing track?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2015, 01:32 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex,

I think that it would be a good idea to divide your practice like this:

30 minutes - Timing practice (It would be a good idea to join this workout and start from assignment 1)

30 minutes - Technique practice (Musical lessons are also welcome here).

30 minutes - Creativity workout

15 minutes - Ear training.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 15 2015, 01:47 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel, I like it very much.
Should I play both 8th notes and 4th notes or only 8th notes?
Do you have any suggestion for a musical lesson?
Also could you share some stuff to connect the different pentatonic boxes?

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Jun 15 2015, 01:51 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2015, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, practice both 4th and 8th.

About the musical lesson, I suggest this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...-Beginner-Solo/

and finally, about combining different pentatonic boxes, here are two ideas:

- Play the pentatonic scale on 1 string, horizontally, like this:

A minor pentatonic (this is just an example, you can do it with Major Pentatonic too)

- Repeat the same idea on all the strings.

- Practice over a backing track and try to create melodies using this horizontal shapes. (change strings when you feel it's necessary)

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 16 2015, 10:59 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel!
Thanks for your help with the pentatonic boxes, seems like this will help my playing.
At first I was little surprised that you suggested a level 2 lesson but after listening I was not surprised anymore and saw why, it is really a great sounding lesson that I hopefully will master smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 16 2015, 02:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jun 16 2015, 06:59 AM) *
Hey Gabriel!
Thanks for your help with the pentatonic boxes, seems like this will help my playing.
At first I was little surprised that you suggested a level 2 lesson but after listening I was not surprised anymore and saw why, it is really a great sounding lesson that I hopefully will master smile.gif

Yeah, it has a lot of bending and different rhythms so it will be good to see how you are progressing on this two elements.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

40 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:38 PM