Your Tone, Your approach on creating a tone
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 4 2009, 06:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Ivan,

I was browsing in your lesson and I was really amazed by the tone you get in all your lesson. I specially notice that you nailed the tone for all the RHCP lessons.

My question is how do you approach creting your tone. Since all your tone are pretty similar to the original one I would like you to explain me the procedure you follow to create your sound.

I am currently using a Fender American Standard Stratocaster (with stock pickups) throught a Line6 GuitarPort device. I can create pretty decent sound but not close to yours. I have followed your bonus lesson on the RCHP tone but I couldn't figure how did you approach to find this. I have red on the Internet that playing with the guitar volume and tone knob was really important but I don't really understand why (usually I leave everything on 10).

What I do usually to find a decent tone, is browsing trought a guiatrist equipment and match it with the gear included in Pod Farm (or Gearbox). But I don't know there is something messing.

And yes I know, a big part of the sound come from my finger.

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:52 PM