> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Kizior's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 9 2015, 02:49 PM
Instructor
Hi Kizior! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army! Here I will help you with your guitar practice as well as your composing skills based on your musical tastes and your goals as musician.

Here I will share the info that I already have from you.

So, i started to play 1,5 year ago on a classic guitar, and switched to electric year ago. That ignited my exercises and overall development.

Huh, long list of favorite bands and artists tongue.gif
I mostly listen to metal music, but I often venture into rock, blues and jazz.
Some of my favorite band includes: Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Amon Amarth Opeth, Katatonia, In Flames, Insomnium(really happy to my discovery of them, as I love melodeath), At the Gates, Testament, Sylosis, Gojira, The Faceless, Death, Iron Maiden, Tyr, Eluveitie, Mastodon, Down, Kyuss, Black Sabbath, Percival Schuttenbach, Herbie Hancock, Gary Moore, Rush, King Crimson, INXS, Stevie Wonder, Stevie Ray Vaughan, B.B King, Albert King and many more...

And below is a list of some of mine favorite guitarists:
Mikael Akerfeldt(he is exceptional), Jesper Stromblad, John Schaffer, John Petrucci, Gary Moore, Ville Friman and Markus Vanhala( from Insomnium, some beautiful and melancholic melodies), Alex Skolnick, Jeff Waters, Bill Kelliher, Josh Homme, Tommy Iommi, Malmsteen, Michael Keene, Jon Nodtveidt, Django Reinhardt.

My guitar goals are to keep getting better and better at playing guitar and creating my own pieces, up to a professional level, and to be playing around in a more 'serious' band(I'll see where my current band will lead me)
I'd like to play with a band our own songs, maybe starting recording some albums, definitely doing gigs and concerts, which gives me lot of fun. I'm also looking forward to improving my technique and increasing my creativity.
I can usually play up to 2 hours normal, longer at weekends.
I have a bit of live experience. I went this summer to two rock camps, and I've jammed(on stage) two times and played a small concert two times.

One of my strong points is some knowledge of theory, which I understand and in most cases know how to use it, for example what to use when I want some concrete mood, which scale/intervals to use etc. I have also been told that i have good technique on the fretting hand for my time of playing(maybe not to a point to shred, although i haven't tried that yet:p) and said knowledge of scales/fretboard and a decent right hand technique. And that 'decent' right hand technique is one of my weak points. I mean, it isn't bad but my articulation isn't still very good and sometimes I have problem with switching strings during fast picking/ locking my hand to the point where i make small moves with wrist, but sometimes I seem to overdo it and stress my hand. Another weak point is lack of jamming to practice tracks, which I just couldn't do because of the lack of ability to record myself. Maybe the last one is that my timing is not that perfect, but I'm still working on it.

I will have ability to record myself as soon as I'll buy myself new camera(old one is broken and I can use it just as a mic) and when I'll set up reaper.

Before we start working, I should at least listen to you playing a bit guitar. Could you maybe record some audio files playing and share them here?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Kizior
Feb 9 2015, 03:29 PM
GMC:er
Hi Gabriel!
Thanks for creating this thrash smile.gif
I'll upload some video stuff here as soon as I'll get my camera working.

Hi Gabriel!

QUOTE (Kizior @ Feb 9 2015, 02:27 PM) *
Hi Gabriel!

Hi Gabriel!

*thread
I will send audio as soon as I'm done with setting up reaper

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2015, 01:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kizior @ Feb 9 2015, 11:29 AM) *
*thread
I will send audio as soon as I'm done with setting up reaper

Great! Please let me know if you need help setting everything. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:23 PM