> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Goo Goo Dolls Style, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Alex Arvedahl
Apr 20 2022, 12:33 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Original lesson: Goo Goo Dolls Style by Gabriel Leopardi

A take of Goo Goo Dolls.
This lesson has been difficult for me. I have been working on it with Gab in our mentoring thread. I made a take of part 1 7th of June last year. And a first take of the entire lesson a few weeks ago.
The most difficult parts of this lesson has been to play tight and with good rhythm in the intro, arpeggio and also the last part.

If someone is interested I have made a playlist of all my Goo Goo Dolls takes from the mentoring thread.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHqu...ebwHgMGXHsg-mts

Thanks for your comments!
/Alex

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Alex Arvedahl: Apr 20 2022, 01:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 20 2022, 03:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Alex!

First of all, I can say that you came up with a really nice take and your progress is visible.

What I like very much is the fact that you played using the same right hand direction as Gabriel. In this way, you got the correct groove.

0:22 -0:39 - From the timing point of view, this is the weakest part of your take. The E note from the B string (0:28) made you mess up the timing. Probably if you would have played the E note with upstroke (as Gab played in the lesson) you wouldn't have rushed things so much.
Also, try to be more careful at accents.

0:58 - the bridge section should be played more tight. I don't like the fact that I can hear some string noises.

You made an awesome job and I really enjoyed your recording.
Today, you get a 7 from me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 20 2022, 06:43 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex!

This video demonstrates the great work you have been doing in the mentoring program and in GMC. You have worked thoroughly on every detail of this lesson and the result is very positive.

You already know what I think about the level you reached in this lesson. There are still details to improve, but it is also time to work on some new lesson and just spend a little time each day to play it once or twice, and continue improving it.

The idea was to take this presentation in the REC program to consider it as approved and continue on this beautiful journey.

Congratulations again for the enormous progress and effort you are making.

Keep it up!

PS: Here you can see Alex's first shot of this lesson. The progress is huge and if we compare with the new shot, we can see how the effort and hard work pays off: LINK

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Apr 21 2022, 01:21 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 21 2022, 12:10 AM
GMC:er
Hey there Alex!

After watching your old take I"m super impressed by this one. REC is about progress and you've made a TON of progress. This song alternates a lot between wide strums and picked notes which can make it really tricky. You manage this transition well which is impressive.

I won't go through what has already been posted but I do agree with everything so far and MONICA gave a great breakdown of all the details that could be just a bit better. One note missed or slightly missed can throw off an entire section. Getting through a song without huge mistakes is serious accomplishment all by itself so big congrats there.

You can always improve your playing and I think you still have some space to improve on this one as well. It's for sure a PASS on this one as you played it well and there were not huge problems. Now it's time to start looking at the smaller things mentioned as you move forward.

Solid 7 from me!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 21 2022, 08:05 AM
GMC Founder
WOW now we're talking!!

That intro is so tasty - you have really caught all the subtle stuff that makes the difference!

Overall your progress here is absolutely mind-blowing - and most importantly we can tell you are totally digging in to the performance.

Speaking of this - it seems your instinct from ~ 01:00 and onwards is to push the tempo a bit. If you were not playing to a backing track with a static tempo - this would sound amazing and it's def the musical thing to do.

However what happens now is that you start disconnecting from the backing - and we can see you even need to drop your foot tapping.

Even over this backing, you can built climax by strumming harder and occasionally playing ahead of the beat. But you still need to carefully tap your foot and make sure you don't stray too much from the backing pulse.

But to summarise things...YOU ROCK 😎👌

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 21 2022, 12:40 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.25

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:22 PM