Get Your Feedback On My Playing...
dikl99
Aug 20 2012, 03:20 PM
GMC:er
Hi Guys,

i am new here, and would like to start learn and improve my skills ...
Please review this video and let me know your feedback and what do i need to get improve with ...

Click Here

Thanks !!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 20 2012, 04:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi
glad to have you here.

I'll let the instructors give you feedback.

I would just say to watch Dave Gilmour's vibrato, it 's one of his trademarks.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 20 2012, 04:43 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I'd say be more loose with it, let yourself feel the groove a bit more. Watch your attack, Gilmour is really good at having diverse dynamics with his picking. Work some more colorful vibrato in there, dont be afraid to go big if you want.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 20 2012, 05:52 PM
Instructor
Hi, welcome to GMC !

I agree with the guys that working on some basic vibrato ideas to improve it will benefit you greatly.

I've got one lesson that works on the most basic up/down type of vibrato and it works with the idea that vibrato is basically just a series of string bends but sped up ! smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

If you need some guidance in this area I'm more than willing to help smile.gif

+Quote Post
dikl99
Aug 20 2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys !!

Please point me to a good Speed tutorial/lesson/exercise ...

Thanks.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 20 2012, 09:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dikl99 @ Aug 20 2012, 03:57 PM) *

Thanks.

What type of "Speed" playing are you looking for?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 21 2012, 09:13 AM
Instructor
Not bad mate smile.gif Ben's suggestion is very good - try that lesson and as well, the bends could be smoother. We can help you out, so just let us know, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 21 2012, 09:27 AM
Instructor
I think you did very well! Also great song choice!!! This solo is considered one of the best of all times and David Gilmour did an amazing job! Every note fits perfectly for the right spot!
What you can do to make it even better is to play with more dynamics and feeling! Try to tell a story and really feel every note you are playing! You got all the parts and if you will add more expression this solo will sound brilliant!!! Keep it up!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 21 2012, 09:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dikl99 @ Aug 20 2012, 07:57 PM) *

Thanks.

Pretty much any lesson which is made up of exercises for alternate picking, sweeping etc will do the trick. Just use the search bar and type in a particular technique..

First of all, how is you hand co-ordination ? Before you worry about speed, check to see that your hands work well together. If you can play both of these easily enough then you're ready smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch-II/

+Quote Post
dikl99
Aug 21 2012, 07:18 PM
Well... no i am not... Working on it wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:16 AM