What Do You Teach To The Children?
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Nov 17 2007, 02:05 AM
Instructor
Hello guys,
I know that some instructors are teaching in local music schools.
I'm wondering which songs do you teach to young guitar players. Something like "Jingle Bells" or other simple stuffs.

Thank you.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Nov 17 2007, 02:09 AM
Instructor
Depends of the student, but I'm doing Jingle Bells and Frosty the Snowman for one of them...
I'm very interested in this post as well...
I need some ideas to keep them motivated!

QUOTE (Jerry Arcidiacono @ Nov 16 2007, 08:05 PM) *
Hello guys,
I know that some instructors are teaching in local music schools.
I'm wondering which songs do you teach to young guitar players. Something like "Jingle Bells" or other simple stuffs.

Thank you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 17 2007, 02:16 AM
Instructor
I have only private classes,from advanced beginners and above.
But I guess Jingle Bells is fine way too start. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Fabian Schulz
Nov 17 2007, 03:56 AM
Instructor
when i was a beginner my teacher taught me songs from the nirvana unplugged concert like lake of fire and so on. I think this are cool songs and they are not very hard.

This post has been edited by Fabian Schulz: Nov 17 2007, 03:57 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550, Squier Showmaster Jimmy Shine Signature

Amps: Marshall G30R CD Combo, Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack

Pedals: Digitech DF-7, Boss RC-2, Dunlop Cry Baby

Wishlist: Brunetti XL R-Evo II or Brunetti Mercury EL34 and a Fabian Schulz Signaturemodel by Ibanez :D

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 17 2007, 04:06 AM
Instructor
I don't teach children and never had that young students so i wouldn't know, but this topic sure is interesting.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 17 2007, 04:09 AM
GMC Founder
I am very bad at teaching standard songs - simply because I never learned them myself...

So I always end up showing the stuff I learned when I was a beginner: Nirvana, metallica, Guns n roses etc.

edit: Or I will try to get them into licks as soon as possible - I find that when I am more motivated the student ends up being it as well! biggrin.gif Not sure if this is a good strategy for very young children though...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 17 2007, 05:50 AM
Instructor
yes, that's very difficult... the young students don't know Nirvana, Metallica, Green Day, are we too old?... blink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Some years ago I had a nine years old student. It was very difficult to keep him motivated with guitar exercises and theory. In the beginnin I teach him some cartoons music like the pink panther, and things like that... and it was ok... but he he saw the movie School of rock he knew Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Ac/Dc song and he became very interested in learning to play those wonderfull rock riffs. Now he is 12 and he plays and loves rock! Recomend them to see that movie... smile.gif

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Nov 17 2007, 08:00 AM
Instructor
Thank you guys smile.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Nov 25 2007, 01:25 AM
Instructor
Some days ago, one of my youngest student has come to me with one music score.
It was a simple melody that he studied with flute at school.
He was interested to learn this melody on guitar. So I showed to him how to tab this song.
I'm not sure about the title. His score said something like "Colored lights - traditional Canadian song" huh.gif

This post has been edited by Jerry Arcidiacono: Nov 25 2007, 01:26 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Colored_lights.gp5 ( 2.05K ) Number of downloads: 101

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 27 2007, 07:10 PM
Instructor
Maybe throw in some simple classical lines from Bach or Mozart. That can always help. THe children will develop their ear and the parrents will be glad because their children are doing some advanced music smile.gif Just watch out, because after a while classical can become (relatively) boring. Only the best know and simplest melodies can be good for this.

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Nov 27 2007, 07:11 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 27 2007, 09:29 PM
Instructor
Classical can never become boring - i played it for 5 years in music school before starting electric guitar and it was never boring wink.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 27 2007, 11:10 PM
Instructor
Don`t get me wrong i love classical and listen to it often. My point is not to give kids some of the harder pieces right away if you know what I mean. Some easy melodies from Bach or Mozart will be ideal since they are very ear intuitive. I am glad you played classical music. You have a great technique and I can really see the influence it had on you. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 27 2007, 11:13 PM
Instructor
Thanks Ivan! smile.gif

Well, i think if the kid is a beginner i sure will not give him some complicated stuff. I still keep my books i learned from, with those ground music school classical pieces, i think it may come in handy one day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 28 2007, 08:41 PM
Instructor
Classical rules for young musicians smile.gif It helped me develop my ear in some later years, I imagine what has done for you when you went as a youngster there. Rock on man smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:06 AM