Covid Finally Got Me
PosterBoy
Oct 11 2022, 07:55 AM
Learning Roadie
Felt like crap with full on flu symptoms over the weekend so I did a test yesterday morning y'know just in case but thinking it was unlikely.

And it came up positive.

Worst thing is this weekend is the Irish Pedal Steel Guitar festival loads of great players from all over meeting together and some top notch performers etc, so I'm missing out on that.

it is going to save me around 200-300 euro which could nudge me into buying a PRS SE Custom 24 or 24-08 to see if I like PRS, I mean you have to look on the bright side don't ya biggrin.gif

Now do I wait and see what PRS announce as the 2023 line up or buy from this years crop?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 12 2022, 04:15 AM
GMC:er
Very sorry to hear sad.gif I Hope it's mild and you get better ASAP smile.gif

As for guitars, buy one now and then get the 2023 when it comes out smile.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 11 2022, 02:55 AM) *
Felt like crap with full on flu symptoms over the weekend so I did a test yesterday morning y'know just in case but thinking it was unlikely.

And it came up positive.

Worst thing is this weekend is the Irish Pedal Steel Guitar festival loads of great players from all over meeting together and some top notch performers etc, so I'm missing out on that.

it is going to save me around 200-300 euro which could nudge me into buying a PRS SE Custom 24 or 24-08 to see if I like PRS, I mean you have to look on the bright side don't ya biggrin.gif

Now do I wait and see what PRS announce as the 2023 line up or buy from this years crop?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 12 2022, 04:21 AM
Me and the family all got it in June. Relatively mild thankfully. I did not buy anything then but today I bought (used) a Goldtone 6-string electric banjo.

*I'm noticing prices on used gear is coming down. Dramatically so in some cases.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 12 2022, 08:11 AM
Learning Tone Master
Sorry to hear this. Me and my husband got covid in July. Two weeks we felt very bad. Big fever, huge headaches, dizzy states and a weird tiredness.

About guitars....personally, I would wait to see what will appear and then I would decide. I have a lot of patience (my patience is very annoying to everyone around me biggrin.gif ) and when I have some money I usually think millions of times before buying something. I always search for the best deals (quality/price).
But...if you have already seen something that you like and it's at a good price, you can buy it. wink.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 12 2022, 08:19 AM
Learning Roadie
Luckily it was only 2 days of feeling really bad, my puppy was very understanding and comforted me well!

It now feels like a cold with some tiredness.

Anyway back to guitars!

I'm leaning towards the SE Cu24-08 as I can justify to myself that it will give me tones I can't already get with my current guitars. and really the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is what if the 2023 range have colour choices I prefer more!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 14 2022, 12:17 AM
Glad you are on the mend!! You could always sell the 2022 model if you later decide you want a 2023 color smile.gif or just get one of each. The more guitars the better smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 12 2022, 03:19 AM) *
Luckily it was only 2 days of feeling really bad, my puppy was very understanding and comforted me well!

It now feels like a cold with some tiredness.

Anyway back to guitars!

I'm leaning towards the SE Cu24-08 as I can justify to myself that it will give me tones I can't already get with my current guitars. and really the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is what if the 2023 range have colour choices I prefer more!

+Quote Post
FreePizza
Oct 14 2022, 12:44 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Feel better man ! Love that bright side, the Cu24-08 looks really nice.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 15 2022, 02:16 PM
Learning Roadie
The Eriza Verda green has grown on my during the week so I pulled the trigger on it this afternoon along with the locking tuners for the SE guitars.

It will hopefully arrive next Friday or Monday week from Thomann.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 19 2022, 12:38 PM
Learning Roadie
It looks like I got the last one Thomann had in stock, the website is showing 8-10 weeks delivery, so I thought thst included my order but its just shipped cool.gif

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 20 2022, 12:51 AM
Congrats!! Please do share when she shows up!

Todd

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 19 2022, 07:38 AM) *
It looks like I got the last one Thomann had in stock, the website is showing 8-10 weeks delivery, so I thought thst included my order but its just shipped cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:33 AM