Speaking Of Zakk Wylde...
Spock
Mar 30 2023, 07:27 PM
GMC:er
...with Kristofer teaching me his style,

Back in 1993 Zakk came to a music store where I live and played in the parking lot on a flatbed truck.

My friend Skip was a drum teacher at the store (Phil's Music) and the bass player, Sam Burgess, was a teacher as well.

They never practiced. Zakk just sent them a tape to learn and showed up...so this performance was the one and only time they played together.

I think Zakk must have drank a case of Heinekin during the hour or so he played, but he was so cool and gracious afterwards and talked and signed autographs. You couldn't tell he was drunk but he HAD to be.

He came back a year later and played a nigh time acoustic set at a park in downtown Greenville with a friend of his. His friend played acoustic guitar and Zakk played keyboards and sang. I always remember being surprised how short he was. LOL, he was also barefooted the second time around, barefoot, bell bottoms and lots of beer.

Here's a couple recordings from the music store parking lot.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spock: Mar 30 2023, 07:36 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 3 2023, 08:16 AM
GMC Founder
Such a cool insider story!

This must have been from the Pride & Glory days? That's probably my fav Zakk album - such a fresh mix of southern & metal.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 3 2023, 08:08 PM
It's funny because he is southern rock to the core but he's a damn yankee from New Jersey. He's got a thick Jersey accent.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 3 2023, 09:03 PM
Technically speaking, ALL rock is 'southern' rock.
Rock and Roll started in the south wink.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 3 2023, 09:12 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 3 2023, 04:03 PM) *
Technically speaking, ALL rock is 'southern' rock.
Rock and Roll started in the south wink.gif

PREACH!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:57 PM