2 Pages V  < 1 2  
I Never Use The Middle Pick Up
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 24 2010, 04:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
I use the middle pick up for a more strat like sound. Sounds more blues-ish to me than the humbuckers...I have HSH in my guitar by the way. Haha.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jan 27 2010, 04:41 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Only once in my life I had a guita with a middle pickup, and to be honest I hated it! I never used it cause I just didn't like its sound and it was always in my way cause I used to pick the strings exactly above that middle pickup. So what I did is I set this pickup as low as possible so at least it was not interfering with my playing anymore and I never ever got another guitar with 3 pickups.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 27 2010, 04:58 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Jan 27 2010, 03:41 PM) *
So what I did is I set this pickup as low as possible so at least it was not interfering with my playing anymore

Ritchie Blackmore!!!!
tongue.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (JVM @ Jan 20 2010, 08:04 AM) *
Unrelated to the thread, but I've always wondered why the bridge pickup in a strat is slanted the way it is. You get a lot of people who find it too harsh, wouldn't it make more sense to slant it the other way?

Steve Stevens Hamer and Washburn Signature models have a bridge Humbucker which slants the other way! He always swore that it took some of the harshness out of it!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:12 PM