Creativity, B.Radovic's advice on strange things sounding...
utak3r
Jan 12 2009, 01:46 PM
GMC:er
B.Radovic said in Instructor's corner:

When composing songs, try to think about all the possibilities around you for sounds and effects. Between myself and my band mates we have so many toys, instruments and gadgets to choose from we can come up with very unique things. Some of the most interesting sounds in songs from the past were made with the mundane objects around you in creative ways. For example, the clanking metal sounds in Metal Gods by Judas Priest was made by a tray of forks and spoons being shook. And multi tracked like 15 or 20 times to get that sound. Or another great example, is Billy Squiers tune "The Stroke" that bass drum is not a bass drum at all, its a huge cardboard box being beat with a screwdriver with lots of plate reverb on it. Just be creative.

Well, I want you to watch this video. It's the band which took their try at Polish version of "Got talent". This is all about this subject....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:33 AM