My Take! :o, Its not good
Young Guitarist
Dec 18 2008, 06:57 PM
GMC:er
Well, here it is tongue.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcYCnoH3j4s...721&index=0

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock On!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 18 2008, 07:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Good work!

My advice is that you should let your ears guide you , you are playing a couple of notes in the wrong places in it sounds out of tune.

Also try to bend with more tha one finger , when you bend with your middle finger you can use your first three fingers and it will sound better too.

Keep working you will nail it and remember to listen what your playing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Dec 18 2008, 07:57 PM
Instructor
Your timing is good at times on the solos, and thats a very important thing smile.gif
But you should listen more closely if your actually playing the right note because alot of the notes were way off key, and so was the chords. Also.. i noticed one poing in the video where you stick mostly to just 2 fingers when playing the solos. Getting good use out of more fingers will not only in time make it easier to play, but will also sound better.

But still, taking how long you have played into consideration, then it's a very good start smile.gif

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Dec 18 2008, 07:58 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Dec 18 2008, 08:21 PM
Instructor
well man, nice vid. What I see is: you put your fingers in a good position, you show a cool technique. but what it sounds is other thing. maybe you play it with the afination a little out, that´s why all sounds off key.

so, dont give up... overall it´s a great take. just work on those details. good luck!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 18 2008, 11:37 PM
Instructor
I think it sounds great man, a bit more fine tuning is needed to really nail all the notes properly, and some vibrato practicing would be cool, but other than that it is very nicely played. Good job! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 18 2008, 11:42 PM
Instructor
Considering its your first video I have to support it smile.gif

However it sounds like your guitar is out of tune or when you were soloing you were missing your notes by one fret.
Try to record another one lets see what happens wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pitch_Black
Dec 18 2008, 11:49 PM
I think why some of the notes are off is because this song is in Eb. In case you didn't know:) Great job bye the way:)

--------------------
Gear:
Amps:
Vox AD50VT
Yamaha GA-10
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Hohner Acoustic
Effects:
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby 535q Wah Pedal
And a lot on my Vox

Long Live Rock And Roll!

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Dec 20 2008, 01:54 AM
QUOTE (Pitch_Black @ Dec 18 2008, 05:49 PM) *
I think why some of the notes are off is because this song is in Eb. In case you didn't know:) Great job bye the way:)

yes, I remember looking this up a while ago and seeing that its in Eb standard

So turn your guitar down a half step and try playing it again, see if it sounds better! smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:07 AM