Excellent Site For Guitar Repairs/mods
DeepRoots
Oct 18 2007, 12:04 AM
Get to da Chopper!
Well i just stumbled upon this website

www.stewmac.com

...and have to say i'm pretty impressed.

I'm sure there are plenty of you that have already seen this site- but i haven't seen it discussed so much.

It is full of excellent quality tutorials to performing a variety of repairs/modifications to your guitar- that range from refretting, preparing for painting, rewiring pickups etc...

...and whats more, the site also offers many products that will help you perform these tasks (and often suggest these products in a side bar of the tutorial).

I was mighty impressed when i saw the site- and am now seriously considering making a project out of an old jackson i have- now that i have the resources close at hand.

So...if you havn't already seen the site CHECK IT OUT NOW! and let me know what you think, but if you've already been on the site- have you ordered any products? Have you used any tutorials yet?

Look forward to your replies,

DeepRoots

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Twibeard
Nov 3 2007, 10:10 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Oct 18 2007, 12:04 AM) *
Well i just stumbled upon this website

www.stewmac.com

...and have to say i'm pretty impressed.

I'm sure there are plenty of you that have already seen this site- but i haven't seen it discussed so much.

It is full of excellent quality tutorials to performing a variety of repairs/modifications to your guitar- that range from refretting, preparing for painting, rewiring pickups etc...

...and whats more, the site also offers many products that will help you perform these tasks (and often suggest these products in a side bar of the tutorial).

I was mighty impressed when i saw the site- and am now seriously considering making a project out of an old jackson i have- now that i have the resources close at hand.

So...if you havn't already seen the site CHECK IT OUT NOW! and let me know what you think, but if you've already been on the site- have you ordered any products? Have you used any tutorials yet?

Look forward to your replies,

DeepRoots

Cool site mate - thanks ... getting me some of these: Click tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Nov 3 2007, 10:11 AM
Nice, thanks!

Maybe now I can fix the crapped out electronics on my Ibanez.

This post has been edited by Bedlam: Nov 3 2007, 10:37 AM

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Nov 3 2007, 10:14 AM
Awesome site! I've been interested in modification/just learning about the guitar's electronics for a long time, but haven't really found a place to start...

Someday, I plan do completely redo my Ibanez, new electronics, new tuners, maybe even a new neck. It's a piece of junk, and there's not much I could mess up... biggrin.gif I also want to try building a guitar completely someday, but that's very far off, I think...

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Nov 3 2007, 10:17 AM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 3 2007, 10:29 AM
Instructor
Hell yeah,Stewmac is great company.
Mirza,the guy who made my guitar,he's ordered many parts like bridges,pickups etc right from Stewmac.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Nov 26 2007, 10:36 PM
Check out www.warmoth.com
You need parts, they are great.

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:12 AM