15 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Skennington, Uploads and Discussion
skennington
Jun 28 2009, 10:46 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
As I said in your uploads thread, been playing around with a piano backing as well Jeff. Was getting a bit board with other things so decided to do something different and try to be creative.. biggrin.gif Take a listen, Not a complete improv as I would play around a little bit in certain sections then I put it all together in one take.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Piano_Improv.mp3 ( 3.3MB ) Number of downloads: 118

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jun 28 2009, 11:16 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 28 2009, 05:46 PM) *
As I said in your uploads thread, been playing around with a piano backing as well Jeff. Was getting a bit board with other things so decided to do something different and try to be creative.. biggrin.gif Take a listen, Not a complete improv as I would play around a little bit in certain sections then I put it all together in one take.

Nice work Steve! smile.gif It has structure and you worked out different phrasings of your melody line. Watch all the long notes though. If you’re going to use them it would help to use some vibrato.

Playing along with different instruments is fun and it can create some nice fresh ideas. I've been trying to find a cool backing with saxophone to jam with.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 29 2009, 01:01 AM
Thanks Jeff, the structure and development was what I was most after. Still a long ways away but as I add technique and further knowledge of notes, I think I will get better. smile.gif Just not enough time now a days...Wish I would have started this adventure 25 years ago... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 2 2009, 11:31 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
If you think you can find a little time, jump in Ivan's "Stormy Collab" with me. Its just basic blues in A and if you want we can work thru it together. Sounds like fun to me smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 2 2009, 11:39 PM
Funny you mentioned that Jeff, I was just setting here fooling around with the backing.. laugh.gif I'll go sign-up. smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 2 2009, 11:45 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Very cool! I am inside your mind..... ph34r.gif blink.gif unsure.gif

If you want to discuss ideas or anything else we can do that here. No need for video stuff, just short mp3 are fine and quicker. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 3 2009, 12:15 AM
Cool! Here's an idea I had for opening line....

Attached File(s)
Attached File  stormy_20sec.mp3 ( 826.84K ) Number of downloads: 114

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 3 2009, 12:28 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Note choice was good and I like the way you start with the bend! 2 words for you "Neck Pickup". Big fat blues tone. smile.gif Maybe thats just my personnel prefrence though.

Keep the clips coming Steve.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 3 2009, 01:10 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jul 2 2009, 07:28 PM) *
"Neck Pickup". Big fat blues tone. smile.gif Maybe thats just my personnel prefrence though.

Keep the clips coming Steve.

Mine too man! smile.gif Something I have been working on is tonality difference between neck and bridge and when to switch. I'll keep updating on the progress. Would love to hear how your take progresses as well. smile.gif Btw, happy Happy Fourth! Beverages flowing... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 3 2009, 01:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Haha.. Happy 4th to you bro!

That's a great idea about uploading my licks for you to comment on smile.gif
I should have some time tomorrow if everything goes as plained and I will do that.

Tips beer, gulps and burps!!

Skillet

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 3 2009, 01:47 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jul 2 2009, 08:31 PM) *
Tips beer, gulps and burps!!

Skillet

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ...BurPPPP...Ahw...Hot dog's ready yet... smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 3 2009, 04:51 PM
What do you think man.. I'm getting all I can get out of these Duncan Designed p/up's and the EMG's were a bit to much. I'm fairly satisfied with it, I think. unsure.gif laugh.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  stormy_skenny_WB.mp3 ( 2.08MB ) Number of downloads: 116

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 3 2009, 05:13 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 3 2009, 11:51 AM) *
What do you think man.. I'm getting all I can get out of these Duncan Designed p/up's and the EMG's were a bit to much. I'm fairly satisfied with it, I think. unsure.gif laugh.gif

Sounds good man! smile.gif
There are a few things I would suggest and this could just be my taste maybe.

1.) Think about the structure of it. You have a beginning (good), Middle going into the change fits also, but the end isn't really clear. The story doesn't end or resolve. Just something to think about.

2.) In the middle part it would be nice if you could work in the Blues note some. You are just playing straight pentatonic the whole time and adding a lick with that note will give it more color and sound more bluesy.

I will upload my progress a little later for you to comment on.

Skillet

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 3 2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the comments Jeff. smile.gif I'll work a bit more on it and see if I can add some color. Looking forward to hearing what you have so far!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 4 2009, 12:36 AM
Check out this take Jeff. I think it adds a bit of color and sounds a little more bluesy. I still have to work on the ending, not happy with it.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  stormy_skenny_3WB.mp3 ( 2.1MB ) Number of downloads: 111

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 4 2009, 12:41 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
OK Steve, so here you go. I usually wouldn't ever post such a ruff take but for you I'll make an exception. smile.gif
I figured I'd try and make this some what of a learning thing for the both of use. cool.gif

Here is where I'm at. First thing I do with a collab is find a tone that fits the mood of what I'm going for. Then I just play slowly through it to get a feal for where I want to be on the neck and what notes to finish on. This is far from a finished product.

Comment away biggrin.gif

Attached File  Stormy_Blues___Ruff_1__.mp3 ( 1.33MB ) Number of downloads: 142

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 4 2009, 12:54 AM
I'm diggin it man! smile.gif Love the note choice and the pre-bends definitely add some flavor. I can see how landing on the right note in each passage sets the stage for the next. I'll take what I can from it bro, thanks and keep updating.

Have you listened to the latest of mine? disregard the ending as that will change for sure! wink.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 4 2009, 01:11 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 3 2009, 07:54 PM) *
I'm diggin it man! smile.gif Love the note choice and the pre-bends definitely add some flavor. I can see how landing on the right note in each passage sets the stage for the next. I'll take what I can from it bro, thanks and keep updating.

Have you listened to the latest of mine? disregard the ending as that will change for sure! wink.gif

Haha... I didn't even see that ohmy.gif . What kind of mentor am I anyway? laugh.gif tongue.gif

This one has much more color to it don't you think? I like what you where trying to go for at the end so keep working on that part.

Only other thought I had was to try and finish each phrase (lick) and stop! Don't let all the long notes ring some much. Think of the question and answer technique. Ask a question (STOP) and then answer (STOP).

Great progress! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 4 2009, 05:18 PM
OK man, took your advice and added some start-stop phrases. I'm liking this take a lot better! smile.gif

EDIT: New Take with some changes from the previous...

This post has been edited by skennington: Jul 6 2009, 12:47 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  stormy_skenny_5WB.mp3 ( 2.1MB ) Number of downloads: 112

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 6 2009, 12:13 AM
^^^New Upload^^^ biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:34 AM