4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Time Feel Soloing Collaboration, UPLOAD THREAD
Outlaw2112
Apr 20 2009, 05:10 AM
GMC:er
Hey pedja,

hope this meets the standards..

ohh yeah and i used a harmonic minor for this solo...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  time_feeling.mp3 ( 564.92K ) Number of downloads: 195
Attached File  time_feeling_no_back.mp3 ( 564.51K ) Number of downloads: 129

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 20 2009, 04:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Apr 20 2009, 06:10 AM) *
Hey pedja,

hope this meets the standards..

ohh yeah and i used a harmonic minor for this solo...

Hey John,

You definitely did half and double time feel in your solo. Half time in the very beginning and double time trough out rest of the solo.
One thing that you can work on is lock those rhythms in your hands, play it tighter, especially with 8th notes and triplets.

I would record the same take but clear it up a bit and it will be acceptable for sure smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Apr 21 2009, 04:48 AM
round 2 biggrin.gif redid it tonight... wink.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  time_feeling_no_back.mp3 ( 526.96K ) Number of downloads: 149
Attached File  time_feeling.mp3 ( 574.72K ) Number of downloads: 160

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 21 2009, 10:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Apr 21 2009, 05:48 AM) *
round 2 biggrin.gif redid it tonight... wink.gif

Much better already !
You see when you improve phrasing immediately sounds stronger, good work.

Now I can suggest two more things:

1) Work on the sound
Lower the gain because there is lots of it and notes are not heard because of it. This is especially case in lower register (bottom 2-3 strings). Another thing you can also do here is change your EQ settings, drop down lows, increase highs and mids...

2) More double time
Try to work in your solo some 8th note triplets or perhaps 16th note scale run or passage. It can be arpeggio, scale run , repeated melody/lick - anything you want it to be. Just try to have a bit more of it.

Thanks John, this is going great !

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 21 2009, 07:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
So here's my take, have fun with it wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
berko
Apr 21 2009, 09:42 PM
Hi Pedja!

This is a pretty straight forward solo. I didn't accurately apply the half-double concept, rather, there are some 8ths, 16ths and 16th triplets. Basically where the pace of the drums suggested I kinda started to speed up.

I don't think I'll be able to do other stuff over this backing this month cause there are other things going on... university started it's pre-exam period and there are a lot of things to do... but this is a superb jam track so it went (as all the others) straight to my "funky-fusion-jazz jamming" folder biggrin.gif

Thanks again for the opportunity, I'm already looking forward to your comments!

Attached File  time_feel_collab_berko_w_BT.mp3 ( 567.67K ) Number of downloads: 194

Attached File  time_feel_collab_berko_nBT.mp3 ( 567.67K ) Number of downloads: 177

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 22 2009, 09:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Apr 21 2009, 08:55 PM) *
So here's my take, have fun with it wink.gif

Nice take Kaz !
I like it but you can make ending stronger if you want. All the things I asked for as assignment are there, good job man !

QUOTE (berko @ Apr 21 2009, 10:42 PM) *
Hi Pedja!

This is a pretty straight forward solo. I didn't accurately apply the half-double concept, rather, there are some 8ths, 16ths and 16th triplets. Basically where the pace of the drums suggested I kinda started to speed up.

I don't think I'll be able to do other stuff over this backing this month cause there are other things going on... university started it's pre-exam period and there are a lot of things to do... but this is a superb jam track so it went (as all the others) straight to my "funky-fusion-jazz jamming" folder biggrin.gif

Thanks again for the opportunity, I'm already looking forward to your comments!

Attached File  time_feel_collab_berko_w_BT.mp3 ( 567.67K ) Number of downloads: 194

Attached File  time_feel_collab_berko_nBT.mp3 ( 567.67K ) Number of downloads: 177

Hi Berko !

This was mixture of different rhythms and you displayed regular vs double time feel well here. As you mentioned, the phrasing or placement of the rhythms is sloppy a bit, so thats why solo sounds weaker.
I will accept this of course as you did everything I asked for. Deadline will be 28th of April so if you have chance to record it again that would be super cool smile.gif

Thanks Berko !

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Apr 22 2009, 10:06 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Apr 22 2009, 10:51 AM) *
Hi Berko !

This was mixture of different rhythms and you displayed regular vs double time feel well here. As you mentioned, the phrasing or placement of the rhythms is sloppy a bit, so thats why solo sounds weaker.
I will accept this of course as you did everything I asked for. Deadline will be 28th of April so if you have chance to record it again that would be super cool smile.gif

Thanks Berko !

Nice to hear that I actually somewhat met the standards after all... rolleyes.gif With such a great backing it won't be hard to get inspired if I have some spare time! I'm still trying to warm up for Emir's 180 bpm track, so not even considering university, this week is still going to be busy.

It got a bit sloppy because I improvised the last legato and tapping part. But I was pretty much satisfied with it especially because I managed to hit that G# over the E7 chord and that added a little exotic vibe to it (exotic for me at least).

All in all, I'll see what I can do!
thans again!

This post has been edited by berko: Apr 22 2009, 10:07 AM

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
jonathan
Apr 22 2009, 04:54 PM
hey pedja. here's my take!! please let me know what you think.

any advice is always welcomed especially because this is the first time i take part in a collaboration. smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Time_feel_collaboration_jonathan_BT.mp3 ( 541.84K ) Number of downloads: 175
Attached File  Time_feel_collaboration_jonathan_NOBT.mp3 ( 542.12K ) Number of downloads: 162

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 23 2009, 11:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (berko @ Apr 22 2009, 11:06 AM) *
Nice to hear that I actually somewhat met the standards after all... rolleyes.gif With such a great backing it won't be hard to get inspired if I have some spare time! I'm still trying to warm up for Emir's 180 bpm track, so not even considering university, this week is still going to be busy.

It got a bit sloppy because I improvised the last legato and tapping part. But I was pretty much satisfied with it especially because I managed to hit that G# over the E7 chord and that added a little exotic vibe to it (exotic for me at least).

All in all, I'll see what I can do!
thans again!

Great Berko, see what you can do. As I said if you don't manage to do more, I will accept this one as final take. Thanks man.

QUOTE (jonathan @ Apr 22 2009, 05:54 PM) *
hey pedja. here's my take!! please let me know what you think.

any advice is always welcomed especially because this is the first time i take part in a collaboration. smile.gif

Hey Jonathan,
Thanks for submitting your take. Its always great to have first timer around smile.gif
I think you displayed both slow and faster playing. You mostly did whole notes and 8th notes as double time feel.
I can suggest something about your take. If you have time to record it again, pay attention to the triplets you played towards the end and overall make your phrasing tighter.
The best thing to do is record same solo (if you composed it that is) couple of times , choose the best take and then submit it.
If you don't manage to submit another one, I will accept this one as it meets standards in terms of regular and double time feel topic.
Thank you for joining Jonathan, let me know if you have any questions.

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Apr 23 2009, 06:29 PM
Hey Pedja here is my take. There isn't an obvilous double time feeling in it, but I just couldn't sacrifice that beautiful backing track just to show you that I know what is halftime-doubletime feeling and sincerely I am sorry about that smile.gif But I didn't cheated, at first part all the notes are whole-half-or at least quarter. On the second part we have 8th 16th and 16 triplets (I guess)

Anyways hope you like it biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Pedja_Enforcer_Timefeel_wobt.mp3 ( 397.7K ) Number of downloads: 164
Attached File  Pedja_Enforcer_Timefeel_wbt.mp3 ( 391.63K ) Number of downloads: 185

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 23 2009, 06:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enforcer @ Apr 23 2009, 07:29 PM) *
Hey Pedja here is my take. There isn't an obvilous double time feeling in it, but I just couldn't sacrifice that beautiful backing track just to show you that I know what is halftime-doubletime feeling and sincerely I am sorry about that smile.gif But I didn't cheated, at first part all the notes are whole-half-or at least quarter. On the second part we have 8th 16th and 16 triplets (I guess)

Anyways hope you like it biggrin.gif

Can this meets the standards for this class for sure smile.gif As you mentioned, slow rhythms in first part, faster one in the second - does the work for me.
I will put you on completed list for time being but remember you can always submit more takes until 28th !
Thanks man !

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesT
Apr 24 2009, 02:42 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Ok Pedja,
Here's my take. It sounded pretty good last night when I recorded it, but when I listened it today, it's just ok. mad.gif biggrin.gif .

Anyway, I hope you like it. I think that I captured the intent of the exercise using fast and slow parts to add interest. I'm working to combine some things from of each of these collabs as we go forward. I didn't get any chord tone licks into this one, but I did make use of a sequence. Combining the various techniques you're having us explore with each collab is going to do wonders for my solos.

Attached File  20090423_DblTime_wbt.mp3 ( 1.31MB ) Number of downloads: 160

Attached File  20090423_DblTime_nobt.mp3 ( 1.31MB ) Number of downloads: 174

Oh yea, Andy, if you're out there, your's is phenomenal. cool.gif

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 24 2009, 08:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Apr 24 2009, 03:42 AM) *
Ok Pedja,
Here's my take. It sounded pretty good last night when I recorded it, but when I listened it today, it's just ok. mad.gif biggrin.gif .

Anyway, I hope you like it. I think that I captured the intent of the exercise using fast and slow parts to add interest. I'm working to combine some things from of each of these collabs as we go forward. I didn't get any chord tone licks into this one, but I did make use of a sequence. Combining the various techniques you're having us explore with each collab is going to do wonders for my solos.

Attached File  20090423_DblTime_wbt.mp3 ( 1.31MB ) Number of downloads: 160

Attached File  20090423_DblTime_nobt.mp3 ( 1.31MB ) Number of downloads: 174

Oh yea, Andy, if you're out there, your's is phenomenal. cool.gif

Wonderful Jim !
I like your take it will be included in the final mix smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Apr 24 2009, 12:37 PM
hey pedja,

my computer speakers are fried.. Im ordering some new ones, but til they arrive ill have to keep the same
take i have..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 24 2009, 12:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Apr 24 2009, 01:37 PM) *
hey pedja,

my computer speakers are fried.. Im ordering some new ones, but til they arrive ill have to keep the same
take i have..

No problem John. If you they arrive in time fine, if not I will keep the last take. Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jonathan
Apr 24 2009, 03:00 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Apr 23 2009, 06:40 PM) *
Hey Jonathan,
Thanks for submitting your take. Its always great to have first timer around smile.gif
I think you displayed both slow and faster playing. You mostly did whole notes and 8th notes as double time feel.
I can suggest something about your take. If you have time to record it again, pay attention to the triplets you played towards the end and overall make your phrasing tighter.
The best thing to do is record same solo (if you composed it that is) couple of times , choose the best take and then submit it.
If you don't manage to submit another one, I will accept this one as it meets standards in terms of regular and double time feel topic.
Thank you for joining Jonathan, let me know if you have any questions.

Pedja

hey pedja, thanks for your advice. i'll try to find some time tomorrow to record my solo again and hopefully improve a little. what can i do to make the triplets sound better?

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 24 2009, 05:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jonathan @ Apr 24 2009, 04:00 PM) *
hey pedja, thanks for your advice. i'll try to find some time tomorrow to record my solo again and hopefully improve a little. what can i do to make the triplets sound better?

You welcome Jonathan.
Try to practice them with metronome click and with backing later. IT should help !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Farmer Joe
Apr 24 2009, 08:11 PM
Hey Pedja, I recorded a take quite a few days ago and i wanted to see what you think. This will not be my final take, I showed it to Velvet Roger too and we both agreed I could do better.
I finally have time this weekend after about a week and a half of doing non-stop work and school work related stuff, so I am going to write a new part and record.
Here's the take I recorded so far so that you can take a quick listen. I did what I could with what i know and am able to do on the guitar to this point, but I know I can write something better. Please give me some suggestions whenever you get a chance smile.gif
Thanks man

Attached File  Farmer_Joe_Time_Feel_Collab_Unfinished_wBT_.mp3 ( 1.3MB ) Number of downloads: 162

This post has been edited by Farmer Joe: Apr 24 2009, 08:14 PM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 25 2009, 02:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Farmer Joe @ Apr 24 2009, 09:11 PM) *
Hey Pedja, I recorded a take quite a few days ago and i wanted to see what you think. This will not be my final take, I showed it to Velvet Roger too and we both agreed I could do better.
I finally have time this weekend after about a week and a half of doing non-stop work and school work related stuff, so I am going to write a new part and record.
Here's the take I recorded so far so that you can take a quick listen. I did what I could with what i know and am able to do on the guitar to this point, but I know I can write something better. Please give me some suggestions whenever you get a chance smile.gif
Thanks man

Attached File  Farmer_Joe_Time_Feel_Collab_Unfinished_wBT_.mp3 ( 1.3MB ) Number of downloads: 162

Hey Joe,

I just had a chance to listen to your take.

You did display both slow and fast rhythms. However, I had a feeling from your take that you were sticking to "safe play" in other words doing chord tones as much as possible. I didn't hear much development in your take nor double time feel.

I would really to hear some 16th note run there, even repeated lick or arpeggio line. If you can't come up with 16th note line do 8th note triplets but make them sound as tight as possible with backing.
Another thing is of course to develop from what you were doing in first 4 to 8 bars. That can be a nice starting point, but you need to take it further and make something more melodic and evolved out of it.

Hope that makes sense.

Let me know if you have any questions !

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:07 PM