Reaper, Using effects for a certain section
Skalde
Apr 22 2008, 04:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello,

is there a way to use vst effects only for a certain section in reaper, or do I have to use another track?
It would also be nice to know how to pan a track only in a certain section, this would make things much easier.
Don't know if Reaper contains such features, but tell me what you know.

regards,
Skalde

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 22 2008, 05:19 PM
Moderation Policy Director
You can use reapers automation functions to change parameters in real time - you could turn the effect up for the chorus or whatever, then turn it down at the end. Its a little complex to explain in a quick post but the help in reaper is pretty good.

However, if it were me, I would have 2 different tracks, one for the chorus and one for the rest. In this day and age with unlimited tracks and simple cut and paste, its a lot easier to set your mix up in advance and keep it as static as possible, so I prefer to do it this way to using automation - I would reserve that for an effect or level that really needs to be ridden throughout the entitre song rather than something that is off or on like this.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:30 PM