Tremolo Help Please ?
Ben Higgins
Nov 21 2013, 01:54 PM
Instructor
Hi guys. I'm most likely going to have to replace my double locking tremolo on my Jackson. It's a 'licensed under Floyd Rose' system. I've never had an original FR.

Only thing is, the measurements of all of the tremolos I've been looking at are bigger than what I have. Some of them are giving measurements of up to 70mm from the front of the plate to the fine tuners. Something of that size would foul on the wood of the guitar. The routed recess is not big enough to accommodate most of the trem systems I've seen on Ebay. In fact, the recess is only approx 73mm long from front to end.

The trem system I've got now is about 58mm from front to back, not including the string things that poke out of the back (whatever they're called ! I call myself a guitar player ??)

So, can any fellow Jackson users help shed some light on this ? Are Jackson tremelo systems smaller than the average systems ? Have any of you needed to swap your stock Jackson trems for a replacement ? If so, did it fit without any modification ?

Help ! wacko.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:33 PM