Gmc Suggestion -teacher Personal Pages
Ayen
Aug 9 2007, 05:00 AM
GMC:er
Well, a few days ago I was thinking of how I could possibly help contribute to GMC and I came up with this. Since Kris is working on a search engine this might save him some time.

Why not have a page for every GMC Teacher's lessons. Instead of some lengthy explanation, here are a few links, these are the thumbnails.

This is simply a way for people to find lessons a bit easier, like when it was asked where the Vibrato lessons were. If you remembered that Marcus was teaching it, you could simply go to his page.

Tell me what you think!

Edit: Don't think I forgot the rest of you guys, I just don't have the attention span to make too many more thumbnails tongue.gif.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ayen: Aug 9 2007, 06:42 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 9 2007, 09:35 AM
GMC Founder
Ok I realise we haven't been very clear with what we are about to do.

It actually isn't just the search function we are working on, we are organising lessons into all the following category to allow for advanced searching.

Music Categories

Level of difficulty (yes that's right!)

Lesson Types

Techniques

Instructors

Tags

Bonus features are, "see related lessons" "filter for lessons with spoken videos" etc.

What this means is that you can choose whichever way you want to strucur ethe lessons! smile.gif

We will also have two search options, "standard simple search" and "filter search".

Not only this - but we will also expand the width of the site with a new column to allow for a handy way of finding related videos (like youtube does it) - or just allow for quick searching wihout having to leave the lesson your working on.

So this is where we are now (trying to expand the width of the site) - if it wasn't for the fact that the site was started out without any professional web developer involved - things would go very quickly. Buit as it is now we have so many different versions of the lesson templates that things have got very complicated (we don't just want to throw away half of the old lessons to allow for the site upgrade).

Once we have got through the current stage - we will implement "my bookmats" and "my history" feature on the right hand side of the site. Never loose a lesson again!

We are giving the restructuring of the site top priority - which in a way is sad because we have so many other cool things waiting. We have contests, lots of practical features such as downloading of backing tracks (which was recently requested), upgrading the lesson look (we have so many cool ideas on how to improve look and functionality of the lessons, Andrew and Kaneda are also involved with this).

This is just a little fraction of all the cool changes which are planned - and this si just a spontaneous post. We could write pages about this (in fact we do - but thos eare technical specifications suitable for the developers).

Also, remember that gmc is still a small site and we cannot work at the same tempo as youtube and google. In fact I am quite astonished that we are capable of producing the quantity of lessons we do... Remember how everything looked/worked just a few months ago! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Ayen   Gmc Suggestion -teacher Personal Pages   Aug 9 2007, 05:00 AM
- - Stratman58   Great idea! I would use this if it were implem...   Aug 9 2007, 05:10 AM
|- - shredmandan   QUOTE (Stratman58 @ Aug 9 2007, 12:10 AM)...   Aug 9 2007, 05:12 AM
nnn
- - Nick325   nice   Aug 9 2007, 05:19 AM
- - Ayen   Thanks guys, I figured GMC has helped me , I might...   Aug 9 2007, 05:21 AM
- - Hungus   Thats a cool idea but that kind of thing will alre...   Aug 9 2007, 05:35 AM
- - FretDancer69   awesome idea dude. This will definately make thing...   Aug 9 2007, 05:42 AM
- - Sircraigery   Hey guys, I don't want to be a stickler, but ...   Aug 9 2007, 05:57 AM
- - Kristofer Dahl   This is one of the top requests - differnet sugget...   Aug 9 2007, 09:12 AM
- - mattacuk   Its a real nice idea, but i dont feel its the best...   Aug 9 2007, 09:13 AM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 9 2007, 05:35...   Aug 9 2007, 02:55 PM
|- - Sircraigery   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 9 2007, 02...   Aug 9 2007, 03:27 PM
nnn
nnn
- - Ayen   Thanks for replying, Kristofer. I didn't know ...   Aug 9 2007, 10:16 AM
- - JVM   I think he said that there's a couple of weeks...   Aug 9 2007, 11:03 AM
- - Pavel   Considering all the new updates Kris and Henrik ar...   Aug 9 2007, 11:08 AM
- - SEANCD2005   THIS ALL SOUNDS GREAT, I CANT WAIT   Aug 9 2007, 06:30 PM
- - Kristofer Dahl   By the way for those of you who missed it - here a...   Aug 9 2007, 06:38 PM
- - mattacuk   Very nice interface! it must be so intereting ...   Aug 9 2007, 06:40 PM
- - Ayen   Woah, looks great! I really look forward to th...   Aug 9 2007, 08:48 PM
- - chast   These changes are great. My favourite is the lesso...   Aug 10 2007, 04:35 PM
- - seanM1   These changes are gonna be extremely helpful! ...   Aug 10 2007, 04:51 PM
|- - muris   GMC RULLLLLEEEES BIIIIIG TIIIIMEEEE!!...   Aug 10 2007, 04:53 PM
nnn
- - Kristofer Dahl   Thanks guys!   Aug 10 2007, 08:29 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:17 PM