I Am Back
DarkWaveRiffer
Nov 29 2012, 06:30 PM
GMC:er
Hey everyone,
I am back. Some bad stuff happened to my daughter, and now she lives with me full time. So I took some time deal with that adjustment. I have continued my guitar instructions with a local guitar teacher. Not the progress I would like to have made, but it is still progress. I have learned since my absence, more is not better, and keep it simple when learning anything is paramount. I am currently learning Cannon rock, and Green Sleeves in bite size digestible pieces. I plan to be more active here on the forum, and will share my progress soon. I am thinking of for now limiting my guitar learning to one guitar instructor so I don't overload, and burn myself out. I want to align myself with a teacher that is strong in the style I want to play, and can guide me using that music style as examples. Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Foo Fighters, Silver Sun Pickups, and Dead Letter Circus to name a few. I am learning Cannon rock, and Green Sleeves to have some nice Christmas music to play for the holidays. I know its a departure from my listed music artist selections. Who can guide this rhythmically challenged guitar enthusiast?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

My goal is to learn to play guitar like its my second language, and my first words to the world will be "Bite Me!".

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title: Air Guitarist

Guitarist Title thread

DWR's EPIC Practice Journal l

DarkWaveRiffer's Modern Music Mentored By Cosmin Thread

Lead Mastery Mentored by Gab

Attacking Scales Mentored By Alex Thread

Want to know how to practice for success?? Click here!!

Are you sabotaging your practice? Click here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 29 2012, 09:26 PM
Welcome back! Your in luck smile.gif All the instructors here fit the bill! Join my SHRED BOOTCAMP and join up with the other instructors as well as everyone now has their own private instruction threads. So try em all and see which one sticks!

Just PM the instructors and let them know you are ready for Mentoring!

Todd

QUOTE (DarkWaveRiffer @ Nov 29 2012, 12:30 PM) *
Hey everyone,
I am back. Some bad stuff happened to my daughter, and now she lives with me full time. So I took some time deal with that adjustment. I have continued my guitar instructions with a local guitar teacher. Not the progress I would like to have made, but it is still progress. I have learned since my absence, more is not better, and keep it simple when learning anything is paramount. I am currently learning Cannon rock, and Green Sleeves in bite size digestible pieces. I plan to be more active here on the forum, and will share my progress soon. I am thinking of for now limiting my guitar learning to one guitar instructor so I don't overload, and burn myself out. I want to align myself with a teacher that is strong in the style I want to play, and can guide me using that music style as examples. Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Foo Fighters, Silver Sun Pickups, and Dead Letter Circus to name a few. I am learning Cannon rock, and Green Sleeves to have some nice Christmas music to play for the holidays. I know its a departure from my listed music artist selections. Who can guide this rhythmically challenged guitar enthusiast?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 30 2012, 10:37 AM
Instructor
Hey DWR.. great to see you back ! Sorry to hear there's been some trouble but it's cool that you're ready and willing to pick up the guitar with purpose !

I think you've got the right idea with staying focused on one thing.. people can get carried away too easily and then end up chasing 2 rabbits at once, as the saying goes.

From your musical tastes, it seems you're into more modern rock/metal ? I don't even know what the bands sound like really !? tongue.gif But my natural suggestion would be to hook up with Cosmin or Gabriel as they've got more of an inclination towards the alternative stuff smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 30 2012, 10:41 AM
Learning Roadie
Welcome back, sorry to hear about your daughter, it's great that she's with you full time now and you can take care of her though.

I agree with Ben it would be between Cosmin and Gabriel, Cosmin, I know, is a big fan of Dead Letter Circus

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Nov 30 2012, 10:43 AM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 30 2012, 01:08 PM
Instructor
Hey man! Welcome back! Sorry to hear you had to go through hard times.. Well, back to your mentoring thread and let's deal with those modern sounding bands together smile.gif Deal? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 30 2012, 06:51 PM
Instructor
Welcome back mate, I'm sorry about the bad things that happened. I think that Cosmin is the man for you! But feel free to send me a PM if you need anything!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Dec 1 2012, 03:58 AM
Thanks for the warm return. Everyone is great on this site, and the instructors are all Aces. You are right Todd, I can't go wrong with any of them. Actually hearing Cosmin's latest video Meta really got thinking that it was time to return to GMC. So Cosmin, I will be messaging you shortly to continue my lessons.

Btw my daughter has been playing guitar for about 6 months now, she knows 6 simple songs, and about 10 chords. I have seen how guitar lessons have had a tremendous impact on her focus, and intelligence.

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

My goal is to learn to play guitar like its my second language, and my first words to the world will be "Bite Me!".

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title thread

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 1 2012, 12:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DarkWaveRiffer @ Dec 1 2012, 02:58 AM) *
Thanks for the warm return. Everyone is great on this site, and the instructors are all Aces. You are right Todd, I can't go wrong with any of them. Actually hearing Cosmin's latest video Meta really got thinking that it was time to return to GMC. So Cosmin, I will be messaging you shortly to continue my lessons.

Btw my daughter has been playing guitar for about 6 months now, she knows 6 simple songs, and about 10 chords. I have seen how guitar lessons have had a tremendous impact on her focus, and intelligence.

smile.gif Glad to know that tune was the calling smile.gif Glad to hear your lil' one is already starting a nice journey and I'm on your message as we speak wink.gif Welcome back mate wink.gif

+Quote Post
Blister
Dec 3 2012, 03:14 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
It may sound crazy, but I was just thinking about you recently. Glad to see you back. Hope to see you in the new video chats. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Dec 3 2012, 06:41 AM
QUOTE (Blister @ Dec 2 2012, 09:14 PM) *
It may sound crazy, but I was just thinking about you recently. Glad to see you back. Hope to see you in the new video chats. smile.gif

Thanks, I am taking some time away from work to complete my degree, so I will have some extra time to check out the guitar instructor led video chats now. i am really looking forward to it.

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title thread

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:34 AM