2 Pages V  < 1 2  
The Top Spot
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 17 2011, 01:33 PM
Instructor
I am the best guitarist in my apartment when i am alone biggrin.gif

And out there...hmmm, there is no such thing as "The Best" - if music should somehow become a sport, we could definitely organize competitions and win titles such as: "Alternate picked 32nd notes Speed World Champion" wink.gif or "Smooth bending World Champion"

what do you guys think?

hugz

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jan 17 2011, 04:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Jan 17 2011, 01:27 PM) *
I totally agree with Ben and Ivan here... smile.gif They didn't really leave much to say. Oh well, if I had to name someone, it would be Hendrix, since he never had any formal education in music, yet he still did such a great job playing. And it still sounds awesome. Buckethead is a personal favourite of mine (and for those who believe he can only shred I have two things to say. "Electric tears" and "Population Override". The best albums from the man in my opinion.

I'm sure there's more famous musicians without formal music education than with. smile.gif
Population Override is fantastic. The whole album is almost just improvisation smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 17 2011, 05:01 PM
Learning Roadie
Besides Steve Vai, happy.gif Joe Satriani!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Jan 20 2011, 02:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
Perhaps we can ask this guy, he seems to know what he's talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiN2G7jODtg

For all the non-Swedes out there, this is a fake talk show, where one of the guests presents the top 10 heavy metal drummers. Apparently there IS such a thing as "the best" musician.

H4H

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Jan 20 2011, 03:21 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Jan 17 2011, 05:06 PM) *
I'm sure there's more famous musicians without formal music education than with. smile.gif

Yeah, I actually meant the fact that Hendrix played much more complicated stuff than many other famous guitarists. The stuff he played should have required some serious studying but he didn't. Not to say others aren't great... I'm just saying he was the greatest. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:24 PM