Smallest Movement Possible?
Ryan
Apr 30 2007, 05:36 AM
GMC:er
ok well...i think its time for me to get this down...my fingers..well when i play there kinda about half and inch off the fret board.sometimes lower..depending what im doin..but well......how would i go about fxing this problem..i know..i can practice my scales..and concentrate..really really ahrd..to keep them as close as possible.......and do that for many many hours..but is there any other way...some way..that actually forces you to have yoru finger tips...close tot the fret board???? kind alike pavels AP lessons..it forces yout o put your thumb behind the neck

im not sure that there is..but im asking just in case

and well Kris, Pavel, Etc. Etc. how did all you guys get your fingers to stay close to the fretboard??? What is the secret...and I KNOW..practice practice practice, lol...sorry some1 would have put that..but yea...i do that..and probably more than should..but help me on this..cus im really tired of flinging my fingers into the air..and having ot use more energy goin up and down than i should..

any help would be appreciated guys biggrin.gif

p.s. and im not trying to find a quick way around it..cus i know thats not possible..i just want to know if theres another way!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ryan: Apr 30 2007, 05:37 AM

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
ixos35
Apr 30 2007, 12:47 PM
hi,
i'm don't think i will be much help sad.gif , but i assume that all you can do is to just correct yourself while playing and then over time your fingers will automatically go to where they need to be (after a long,long time of practice that is! blink.gif )

unless anyone has a particular system that speeds up the learning curve i think that is all you can really do.
just persevere smile.gif
good luck.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 1 2007, 12:16 AM
QUOTE (ixos35 @ Apr 30 2007, 06:47 AM) *
hi,
i'm don't think i will be much help sad.gif , but i assume that all you can do is to just correct yourself while playing and then over time your fingers will automatically go to where they need to be (after a long,long time of practice that is! blink.gif )

unless anyone has a particular system that speeds up the learning curve i think that is all you can really do.
just persevere smile.gif
good luck.

Yea thats what im doin now...TONS AND TONS OF PRACTICE all the time..biggrin.gif..but hmm cus i know this 1 lil lesson i learned from this dude..consists of playing a scale REALLY REALY SLOWLy like 1 note ever few seconds..trying to keep all of your fingers..as close as possible ot the strings and over time it will help you..but im just wondering if there is something else i could do..cus im out of ideas

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 1 2007, 12:50 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Ryan @ Apr 30 2007, 06:36 AM) *
im not sure that there is..but im asking just in case
and well Kris, Pavel, Etc. Etc. how did all you guys get your fingers to stay close to the fretboard??? What is the secret...and I KNOW..practice practice practice, lol...sorry some1 would have put that..but yea...i do that..and probably more than should..but help me on this..cus im really tired of flinging my fingers into the air..and having ot use more energy goin up and down than i should..

Not only tons of practice - but also tons of practice at a reeaally slow tempo. That's when you have the time to command your fingers to obey - otherwise they will just do a big movement, as a millimeter-movement on the fretboard really isn't a natural thing to do for your hands... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 4 2007, 02:06 AM
alright thx a bunch guys..i kinda figured thats what id have to do, i shall start doing that more at a SLOW SLOW SLOW speed biggrin.gif..thx again guys for the response!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:54 AM