> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(9.25, Pass) Guitar Loves Piano #2, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
10 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
Total Votes: 4

alexpabue
May 12 2012, 01:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Guitar Loves Piano #2 by Piotr Kaczor

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
May 13 2012, 10:08 PM
Instructor
Beautiful ! I really enjoyed, but small objection to that main slow arpeggio - last two tones are a little overlapped, several times the same mistake, that creates an impression of uncertainty. Small little things, but anyway you should pay attention to them. The second thing is the vibrato, try to play it a bit relaxed, still sounds a bit stiff . wink.gif Overall great feeling 10 - !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 14 2012, 12:27 AM
Instructor
Nice take man! I think that the two things that should be improved to get a 10 take are your vibrato and bending. Your vibrato technique should be more consistent, I note that sometimes the movement is a bit irregular and doesn't sound natural. Some of your bends don't reach the pitch perfectly. Your timing is really good and the tone is ok, maybe I would equalize it warmer (to make is sound closer to Piotr's tone).

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2012, 01:01 PM
Instructor
Hey Alex - as an overall observation (aside from what Sinisa and Gabe noted) I think that you need to get into that certain state of mind for this piece. Try to listen to it until you know every note by heart wink.gif that way, you'll get rid of the rigidity which sometimes appears in the take. Keep rocking mate!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 14 2012, 06:22 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, great take smile.gif

Only 2 things stopped me delivering a 10 which was the overlapping notes that Sinisa mentioned. This can often happen when you're using one finger to play notes that are on the same fret but on different strings. To avoid this happening, once you've played the note on the higher string, lift the underside of your finger upwards off the string and just keep your finger tip on the next note. It should make your finger look like there's an arch in it. smile.gif

The other thing was the vibrato, as the guys mentioned. Just more practise with that will get it sounding more even. I'm not sure if you've seen this already but here's some tips I compiled specifically for GMC users..

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43123

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 15 2012, 04:31 PM
Instructor
I love the feeling of this take! You did a very good job! A few things with vibrato, bends and timing but the whole impression was great! It's 10 from me! But I still will suggest you spend more time practicing this lesson so you will really get it to sound perfect!

+Quote Post
skennington
May 19 2012, 05:47 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
9.25, well played!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:36 AM