The Blues
Jamesito
Feb 26 2008, 05:49 PM
GMC:er
Hey Ivan,

I decided to move the conversation we had the other day to your part of the forum as I don´t want to annoy anyone wih repeat posts on the same subject. I´m happy to say I think the Marshall amp is set up ok for the blues, about 2 drive, 5 contour, 8 treble and about 4 bass. Unfortunatly my les paul likes to overdrive the amp whenever possible... which can make the blues sound like hard rock sometimes... Before I was using the Bridge pickup only and the sound was a little flat, I changed to use both pickups and the sound has a little more bite to it, and is a little more in tone with BB King style blues...

Which pickup would you reccomend using for the blues? I only have 2 almico classic humbuckes, although I will be upgrading tommorow to EMG H3´s as I got a good deal on some second hand ones. HAve you ever tried the EMG H3? I cannot find many reviews on the internet so i don´t know what i have bought tongue.gif o well.

Jamesito

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:09 PM