http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...ategorySA182593

if im gonna buy the RG im gonna stay with the same humckecrs
NO CHANGE

that why i like the LTD
floyd rose
EMG picksups
what is bad about her

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Nov 5 2008, 04:02 PM
GMC:er
please look at a schecter smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Nov 5 2008, 04:04 PM
QUOTE (bamba23 @ Nov 5 2008, 10:01 AM) *
david ty for that option i can buy from samash
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...ategorySA-10001

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...ategorySA182593

if im gonna buy the RG im gonna stay with the same humckecrs
NO CHANGE

that why i like the LTD
floyd rose
EMG picksups
what is bad about her

How long have you been playing? because Floyd rose's are NOT for begginers, Youll tear your hair out in frusturation!

Oh, And +1 for Schecters!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
bamba23
Nov 5 2008, 04:14 PM
im playing for almost a year.
my situation is a POOR VSTARTER behringer pack
so everything willb e better
what wrong with the floyd rose
and i can take of the floyd rose,the emg is good arent they?
about schther,any posibblities from SAMASH?

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Nov 5 2008, 04:20 PM
QUOTE (bamba23 @ Nov 5 2008, 10:14 AM) *
im playing for almost a year.
my situation is a POOR VSTARTER behringer pack
so everything willb e better
what wrong with the floyd rose
and i can take of the floyd rose,the emg is good arent they?
about schther,any posibblities from SAMASH?

Floyd Roses are great bridges! BUT they are very difficult to adjust or tune, once you choose a tuning (standard/one stop down) you basically have to stick with that tuning forever and i've had friends who's bridges just explode (not literally but they pop out and make it impossible to play). No you can't really just "take off" a floyd rose. The stock EMG's on ibanez aren't great you'll have to switch them for something better to get a very good tone.

check out www.schecterguitars.com

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
bamba23
Nov 5 2008, 04:28 PM
sam ash doesnt have schecter
btw just talked to samash ppl
they told me,if i dont have money for another pickups for ibanez
i shud go with MH

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
Nov 5 2008, 04:31 PM
I play metal too, and i use an Ibanez s07LTD. Its GREAT for metal. The neck is thin and very easy to play fast on (compared to a lespaul which i also use sometimes). I'd say the pickups has something to say on the sound of it. I use dimarzio's. They are great i think smile.gif

But i also reccomend Schecter, ESP or Dean (dime biggrin.gif biggrin.gif )

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 5 2008, 04:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
Both the mh and the Rg are great guitars with similiar specs so it's up to you:

Guitar with a case but only decent pickups>>>Rg
Guitar without a case but great pickups>>>Mh

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
bamba23
Nov 5 2008, 04:47 PM
il get the MH
caste shud cost 50 bucks or 100 that just the price of the RG

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Nov 5 2008, 06:12 PM
Instructor
I don't know, I've played that Ibanez and sounds good and feels right, I'll see if I stop by Sam Ash today, and play a MH.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Nov 5 2008, 06:16 PM
Ibanez FTW! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Pi38
Nov 5 2008, 06:20 PM
For that style of music, I'd go for an Ibanez.

500th post for me!!! Woo!!! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Pi38: Nov 5 2008, 06:20 PM

+Quote Post
bamba23
Nov 6 2008, 05:42 AM
thx mena,if you can update me ^^
the ibanez is great,but i dont have extra 200 bucks,and i dont want to ask my father for more.
i think il go with mh,wating for mena trying feedback.

+Quote Post
Noangels
Nov 6 2008, 01:13 PM
Carvin guitars are realy nice,have a look on their website to see if any models fall for your budget.

I think for the money your spending your going to get a good guitar no matter the make or model

Edit to say I have never had any problems with my floyd rose on my ESP

This post has been edited by Noangels: Nov 6 2008, 01:16 PM

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
bamba23
Nov 6 2008, 01:29 PM
ty noan.
could u explain me abit about the floyd rose?

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Nov 6 2008, 01:56 PM
Instructor
They didn't have the MH-1000 at the moment, for 800-1000 I saw mostly LTD's. Carvin was another I was going to suggest, for $1000 you can get an awesome carvin guitar but you have to deal directly with them, they don't have dealers in Miami, or anywhere I believe.

Oh by the way, Sam Ash is stocking up on guitars because of Christmas, so when your father gets there, they might have the MH, or even other options, I'll ask my brother to keep me updated.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Noangels
Nov 6 2008, 02:38 PM
yeah carvin are realy killer guitars,the build quality looks realy good.the only weak point they might have is the pickups they use?I know Danny Danzig(sp)uses a lot of Carvin guitars and as well as being a realy friendly chap online when I have met him he is a killer player too-I have always liked the look of carvins since Jason Becker was in their ads:)

If you look on the carvin website they might have some killer deals on old stock,you might be able to get a neck through axe for that money?Not sure but have a look

Concerning Floyds,I am fortunate enough to have played and owned many guitars over the years ranging from Jems and JS Ibanez with their edge trems-to Jacksons with their shaller(sp)floyd rose license-HM strat with its khaler(sp again!lol) and a real Floyd Rose on my ESP.

I have never had issues with any of the models I have played,they all feel and play the same to me.As long as you keep the string gauge and tuning that the guitar is set up with you will have a floating bridge in its prime location.If you downtune or use thicker/thinner strings you might have to adjust the trem slightly by removing the trem cavity plate on the back of the body and tightening/loosening the screws there.Its very easy to do,so dont worry about getting the bridge flush with the body

Like I said,with the money your paying you should get a nice guitar thats going to play great and last you for a long time.When your picking up a guitar in the cheap budget range you might have problems with tuning issues,and harware niggles-

Any way take a peep over at carvin:)

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
bamba23
Nov 6 2008, 03:01 PM
dang they dont have the mh.
about carvin.i guees i wont go with it,my father gonna be in miami like a motnth,it enogh time for them to get the MH?

+Quote Post
Sigfridsson
Nov 6 2008, 04:09 PM
Hey man, just wanted to give you a heads up from my personal experience with LTD vs Ibanez around that price range.

I would say that Ibanez delivers a better quality for that kind of money compared to the LTD guitars.
While I am a big fan of the EMG pickups, I would still recommend you to to go with the Ibanez guitar.

As previously stated in the thread, the Floyd Rose can be a little annoying until you get used to it and unless it's of a good quality it will be hell to keep the guitar in tune after a year or two!

Either way, not saying the LTD is a bad guitar, I'm quite sure it's really nice but in this case I would go with the Ibanez!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Eclipse I CTM Full Thickness, Ibanez RG470 with EMG81/85 pickups.
Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT XL

+Quote Post
bamba23
Nov 7 2008, 04:18 PM
oh kk ty biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:50 PM