> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Alternate Picking Workout #2, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Timmez
Oct 19 2013, 12:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Alternate Picking Workout #2 by Darius Wave

So here is my first take. I know the quality of the video isn't that good but just an first impression. I have an audio interface but its difficult so it takes a few weeks for i understand how to use it. grtzz tim

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 19 2013, 01:40 PM
Instructor
You're quick as hell man smile.gif Lesson just came out and You already have Your take smile.gif. Since 0:43 watch out - some notes You play are different than in the lesson smile.gif

I've got ONE HUGE TIP for Ya and to be honest it was already in the short lesson comments, under each part. Flat 1st finger of Your left hand is a key to solve all those unwanted, ringin strings problems. Most of us uses 1st finger to always mute all the strings above the string we actually play. Please try to go back to the lesson and read all the text comment very carefully. Watch slow vids of the lesson and compare my 1st finger shape to Yours (from the video above). You will see that my 1st finger is always in contact with the strings

Also You should strech Your hand the way that You don't have to move all of it while changing the notes, when You play in one position. Whole trick is to keep that slightly above the string so You only need to press at the particular moment, wihtout moving your whole hand for each note separetly

As for the audio interface take how much time You need...all new things needs it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Oct 19 2013, 01:42 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 19 2013, 01:43 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim,

Well done for deciding to work on your alternate picking. This lesson is a good choice.

Ok, there's some areas which you can work on:

Muting - try to let the outside edge of your picking hand rest on the strings so that it mutes all strings that are not being played. Or, at the very least, make sure it is covering the A, D & G strings.

Left hand movement - at the moment your left hand movement is too excessive. You're moving your hand back and forth instead of altering the angle of your hand and letting your fingers stretch and reach the notes.

Timing - you rush a lot of this lesson so relax and allow yourself to stay in time with the beat smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 20 2013, 10:16 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif I think that Darius and Ben stated the important things, but as a resume, I would like add that you should focus on beings as efficient as possible, by moving both your hands as little as possible. The less you move, the faster and more precise you will become.

Playing clean and with good timing is also important, so please re-do this lesson, having these things in mind wink.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 20 2013, 05:37 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Keep practicing! 5.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:18 AM