New Old Gear : Boss Gt-5
snackajacks
Jan 4 2013, 08:28 PM
GMC:er
Since my pod x3 died and I needed fast replacement, I bought the GT-5 from boss
Its kinda old, but the sound is really really good, I already love it more than my pod x3.

Bought it for 75 euro's used which I think was a good deal.

Got some nice rhythm tones out of it, now comes the big challenge of getting a lead tone.
Anyone has experience with the Gt-5 ?

I will make a demo soon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
jstcrsn
Jan 4 2013, 08:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jan 4 2013, 08:28 PM) *
Its kinda old, but the sound is really really good, I already love it more than my pod x3.

Got some nice rhythm tones out of it, now comes the big challenge of getting a lead tone.

I will make a demo soon

I would recommend searching in the wiki , I believe there are some articles on that model

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andre Nieri
Jan 4 2013, 09:19 PM
Hi friend. I have no experiences with the BOSS GT5. But some old BOSS stuff is really good. Scott Henderson still uses his SE 70 for delays and some synth patches.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 4 2013, 11:17 PM
That's a great deal! You can get some great presets directly from the BOSS/ROLAND web site and upload them to your unit via USB I think. They offer patches for nearly all of their programmable units. Looking forward to the demo!

Todd

QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jan 4 2013, 02:28 PM) *

I will make a demo soon

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 5 2013, 12:40 AM
Yes true, haha first evening of trial and error and this is the first effects unit that took me under an hour to get a good lead and a good rhythm out of it. It sounds warmer than the x3, however the amp simulators were much better on the pod's ( out of the box ) .
I will get my usb interface soon so I can start recording again.

Cheers

Marc

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 5 2013, 01:13 AM
Instructor
Yeah, I am old Boss addict, so can say that they have excellent devices - if you know how to use them the right way, of course smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 5 2013, 11:30 AM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 5 2013, 01:13 AM) *
Yeah, I am old Boss addict, so can say that they have excellent devices - if you know how to use them the right way, of course smile.gif

These things have a descent learning curve tongue.gif
Still have to find out what some options do though

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:37 PM