2 Pages V   1 2 >  
How Many Guitars Have You Owned?
Todd Simpson
Aug 18 2021, 10:18 PM
GMC:er
I was sorta shocked to find that I've owned about 38 different guitars that I've actually photographed. Of course, there were many others before I started taking pictures of them all. I didn't realize the photographed collection was this big until I saw it in my photo app. Of course, I don't own most of these anymore. Some of them i barely remember. I just got in the habit of taking pix when I got a new axe. I must say, I want all of these back. Some guitars I've had up to 3 of!! Such as the RGT42FM. Yup, bought 3 sold 3. The white version of the same guitar, also 3. Xiphos, 3, etc.

How many have passed through your hands as a player?

Attached Image

*Here is a lesson on EPIC guitar phrases as the guitar is an epic instrument.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Epic-Guitar-Phrases/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 19 2021, 12:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
Let me see if I remember. I made a topic one called "Your Guitar History", however looking back at it now I missed a few I had had throughout the years. I'll probably forget some other ones here:

Fender Sierra Vista (Acoustic)
Hohner ST special Stratocaster
Yamaha AES800
Takamine Jasmine 12 string (probably an S6-12)
Schecter C7 Diamond Series (with Floyd Rose, probably made around 1998)
Wolf guitar (probably a china thing)
Fender American Stratocaster
Peavey Wolfgang Special
Hamer Californian
Ibanez Iron Label RGIR28FE White
Ibanez RG3750Z LB
Ibanez RGA 8
Ibanez RG752 MFS VFD
NK Headless (China)
Ibanez RG3727Z

There was a Samick SA-41 (I think) in there too, and some cheap acoustic guitars, which I got for free.

I've probably missed a few. There are even a couple on that list I had forgotten about till I saw a picture. I think probably somewhere between 17 and 20 in total through the years smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Aug 19 2021, 12:12 AM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Aug 19 2021, 10:04 AM
Learning Tone Master
That PGM30!! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Ghost Story
Aug 19 2021, 10:58 PM
I owned 4 guitars and still have all of them:

Godin Freeway Classic (Red)
Fender HM Strat '89 (Ice Blue)
Fender HM Strat '89 (Chrome Red)
Fender HM Strat '20 (Bright White)

Attached Image

Here’s a bit of the backstory.

The Godin was the first guitar I got. That was around ‘06.

A few years later I managed to get the Blue HM.
This one was a real fanboy buy and really took some persuasion to keep it of of eBay. ….ah, those were the day’s.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to play/practice seriously for a long time anymore, for the better part of the last decade. sad.gif
However selling the guitars never crossed my mind.

Then, two years ago, I got the chance to buy a near original HM (the red one) and just couldn’t resist.
… and right after that the Limited edition HM reissue was announced. … sigh…

This was also the moment I decided, against better judgment, to pickup the guitar again.
Basically I was back to square one, but I still enjoyed it, even if it's just for short bits at a time.

After little over a year of noodling I decided to go back to where my guitar journey started and joined GMC once more. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ghost Story: Aug 21 2021, 03:42 PM

--------------------
"If I'm going to have delusions, I may as well go for the really satisfying ones"

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 20 2021, 12:46 AM
Learning Tone Master
yes

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 20 2021, 12:57 AM
She was a killer axe. She's on my list of gear to find again!!! On the hunt
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Aug 19 2021, 05:04 AM) *
That PGM30!! wub.gif

Cool collection! Glad you are back at it!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Ghost Story @ Aug 19 2021, 05:58 PM) *
I owned 4 guitars and still have all of them:

Then, two years ago, I got the chance to buy a near original HM (the red one) and just couldn’t resist.
… and right after that the Limited edition HM reissue was announced. … sigh…

This was also the moment I decided, against better judgment, to pickup the guitar again.
Basically I was back to square one, but I still enjoyed it, even if it's just for short bits at a time.

After little over a year of noodling I decided to go back to where my guitar journey started and joined GMC once more. biggrin.gif

Killer collection of Ibbys to be sure!!! I had a Hamer Californian as well at one point. Small world!! I sold it to a fellow GMCer. He fixed her up and she is in great shape now.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 18 2021, 07:11 PM) *
Let me see if I remember. I made a topic one called "Your Guitar History", however looking back at it now I missed a few I had
Fender Sierra Vista (Acoustic)
Hohner ST special Stratocaster
Yamaha AES800
Takamine Jasmine 12 string (probably an S6-12)
Schecter C7 Diamond Series (with Floyd Rose, probably made around 1998)
Wolf guitar (probably a china thing)
Fender American Stratocaster
Peavey Wolfgang Special
Hamer Californian
Ibanez Iron Label RGIR28FE White
Ibanez RG3750Z LB
Ibanez RGA 8
Ibanez RG752 MFS VFD
NK Headless (China)
Ibanez RG3727Z

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 20 2021, 10:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
well .. Being left handed , once you find a guitar you like you really don't want to get rid of it
My first was a harmony V from sears ( righthanded guitar reversed ) I did not know about intonations, string height nothing
I had a fender elite with a locking tremolo that sucked and I sold to buy a left handed B.C. Rich hand delivered at a Vivian Campbell seminar where I got to meet my Idol and watch him play my left handed goiter and this guitar got stolen.
I have 3 Agile 7 strings that were to good to pass for the price 1 has passive 1 has emg and 1 has Blackouts
Jackson dinky , my favorite with an orange flame HSs Hot rail neck that spilt coils and is in most of my video
LTD 1000 new which is new and the one with the intonation problems that I fixed, I have been wanting to learn how to do that on a floyd rose.
Schecter elite 7 string with fluence Pups that coil tap as well
Ltd ec 1000 single cut that I can thro out of tune with a full step bend
a schecter sun valley shredder that won't stay in tune
a schecter hell raiser with an emg 85 bridge with a passive Jazz in the neck
an off brand Gibson make that actually plays better than a gibson
a 12 a 6 string acoustic

+Quote Post
Ghost Story
Aug 21 2021, 03:30 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 20 2021, 11:00 PM) *
Ltd ec 1000 single cut that I can thro out of tune with a full step bend

Eyed on an EC-1000 for a while, just to give a single cut a try. Never bought one, or any other single cut for that matter.

Better do some aggressive bending when trying one out. They look awesome though. cool.gif

--------------------
"If I'm going to have delusions, I may as well go for the really satisfying ones"

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 21 2021, 03:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ghost Story @ Aug 21 2021, 03:30 PM) *
Eyed on an EC-1000 for a while, just to give a single cut a try. Never bought one, or any other single cut for that matter.

Better do some aggressive bending when trying one out. They look awesome though. cool.gif

it seems to be the same G string problem that plagues Gibson and that style headstock
the wood with the EMG's are surely metal sounding

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 21 2021, 08:23 PM
Thats quite a collection!!! I remember you sawed the lower horn off of one of them to get better fret access?

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 20 2021, 05:00 PM) *
well .. Being left handed , once you find a guitar you like you really don't want to get rid of it
My first was a harmony V from sears ( righthanded guitar reversed ) I did not know about intonations, string height nothing
I had a fender elite with a lok
an off brand Gibson make that actually plays better than a gibson
a 12 a 6 string acoustic

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 21 2021, 10:26 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 21 2021, 08:23 PM) *
Thats quite a collection!!! I remember you sawed the lower horn off of one of them to get better fret access?

still One of my favs.. To many guitars not enough time

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 22 2021, 11:24 AM
Wow, now there's a question!!! Well, I have 17 here at home. I have some that are on 'permanent loan' to people and in a friends Studio and I have a load in storage with our old PA System and Lighting Rig, there are at least 20!!! Then I'd need to add all the ones that I've bought and sold over the last 40 years!!!
I'm still yet to own my Holy Grail though, an original G&L Rampage.

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Aug 22 2021, 04:41 PM
I worked at a shop that had a G&L Rampage. Red with black hardware and matching red headstock. Beautiful and one of the best players ever. And, like an idiot, I didn't buy it.

I have no idea how many guitars it's been. Like Jonesy, I've been doing this a long time.
There is one on the short list though that I really really want. A Gretsch Duo Jet ... https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/build/s...gsby/2401814806

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 22 2021, 08:48 PM
Two retro 80s axes that I owned and sold I can't really find anymore. They made cheaper versions of these two Lynch models briefly and then seemed to stop. These were only $600 guitars at the time. Now i can't find em at all. Only the 5k versions seem to be around.
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 23 2021, 05:18 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Aug 22 2021, 04:41 PM) *
I worked at a shop that had a G&L Rampage. Red with black hardware and matching red headstock. Beautiful and one of the best players ever. And, like an idiot, I didn't buy it.

I have no idea how many guitars it's been. Like Jonesy, I've been doing this a long time.
There is one on the short list though that I really really want. A Gretsch Duo Jet ... https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/build/s...gsby/2401814806

I found a Red Rampage for sale here not long back with a 2K price tag, fairly reasonable for the current market. Until I read the Description and found it was a Korean Legacy model!!! The same seller had 2 others, one refinished as the 'Blue Dress' over cream and another 'Blue Dress' over black, both Korean and both in excess of 2.5K!!!!
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Aug 23 2021, 06:32 PM
2.5K for the Korean version, crikey!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 23 2021, 07:28 PM
Instructor
Nice thread!! I've never made this list... here we go (in chronological order)

1. Generic Super Strat guitar that had the label "Kramer" but it wasn't a real one.
2. Squier Stratocaster (Made In Korea)
3. Ibanez Rg520

4. Gibson Les Paul Studio
5. Fernandes Monterrey
6. Lojo Rosa (Custom Made)
7. Fender Stratocaster Special (Made in Mexico)
8. Lojo Argenta (Custon Made)
9. Fender Telecaster Thinline

10. Acoustic Taylor (mini)
11. Custom Guitar made by my girlfriend (Danelectro style)
12. Ibanez ArtCore asv10a
13. Acoustic Yamaha (don't remember the model now)

The bold ones the guitars that I still own. The red ones are the ones that I regret selling. laugh.gif

I'm really happy with the guitars that I have but I would really like to get a shredder / modern metal one. That's why I miss my Ibby.

QUOTE (Ghost Story @ Aug 19 2021, 07:58 PM) *

Attached Image

Nice collection mate!! that's exactly what I'm talking about! wub.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Aug 23 2021, 07:29 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 24 2021, 12:48 AM
Great list! I hope you are reunited with your ibby!!! She's out there smile.gif

ANYONE ELSE: KRIS DAHL? HOW ABOUT YOU?

I really regret letting go of this XIPHOS as it was a very rare version of the guitar only made for one year. It had dimarzios as stock and a red pain job. XPT750. rare as hens teeth.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 23 2021, 02:28 PM) *
Nice thread!! I've never made this list... here we go (in chronological order)

1. Generic Super Strat guitar that had the label "Kramer" but it wasn't a real one.
2. Squier Stratocaster (Made In Korea)
3. Ibanez Rg520

4. Gibson Les Paul Studio
5. Fernandes Monterrey
6. Lojo Rosa (Custom Made)
7. Fender Stratocaster Special (Made in Mexico)
8. Lojo Argenta (Custon Made)
9. Fender Telecaster Thinline

10. Acoustic Taylor (mini)
11. Custom Guitar made by my girlfriend (Danelectro style)
12. Ibanez ArtCore asv10a
13. Acoustic Yamaha (don't remember the model now)

The bold ones the guitars that I still own. The red ones are the ones that I regret selling. laugh.gif

I'm really happy with the guitars that I have but I would really like to get a shredder / modern metal one. That's why I miss my Ibby.

Nice collection mate!! that's exactly what I'm talking about! wub.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 24 2021, 01:03 AM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 24 2021, 10:28 AM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Aug 23 2021, 06:32 PM) *
2.5K for the Korean version, crikey!

Exactly!! That's the top end price for a USA model here!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 24 2021, 07:52 PM
That does seem high. I'd say get the USA for that price!!

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 24 2021, 05:28 AM) *
Exactly!! That's the top end price for a USA model here!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:04 AM