Chromatic Metal, Chromatic scale practice song
Ricky9
Jul 11 2015, 04:05 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sometime practicing the chromatic scale with a metronome can get a little boring. So i decided to spice it up a bit, i made a short song to help me practice this scale. Hope you guys like it, Enjoy!!!!

I also attached the song and backing track if you guys wanna jam and practice along with this song.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lbg8qpirq5vp51b/...sfxIPin6na?dl=0

https://soundcloud.com/rickynine/chromatic-metalmp3

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jul 12 2015, 08:40 PM
Today is petrucci's B-day, got i video for that!!!!! LOL

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ricky9: Jul 12 2015, 08:40 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 12 2015, 10:25 PM
GMC:er
Cool riff!! smile.gif You may try to use the entire chromatic scale across all the strings to give your fingers more of a workout. Playing ascending and descending chromatics is a great way to work on picking!

QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Jul 10 2015, 11:05 PM) *
Sometime practicing the chromatic scale with a metronome can get a little boring. So i decided to spice it up a bit, i made a short song to help me practice this scale. Hope you guys like it, Enjoy!!!!

I also attached the song and backing track if you guys wanna jam and practice along with this song.

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jul 12 2015, 11:02 PM
Thanks Todd glad you like it. I usually practice with all the strings, i was just trying to keep it simple, so other people can get started with the chromatic scale by adding a little fun to it. Also that guitar is an 8 string , wink.gif you know the struggle is real!!!

This post has been edited by Ricky9: Jul 12 2015, 11:10 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 14 2015, 03:02 AM
GMC:er
Very real smile.gif

quote name='Ricky9' date='Jul 12 2015, 06:02 PM' post='715095']
Thanks Todd glad you like it. I usually practice with all the strings, i was just trying to keep it simple, so other people can get started with the chromatic scale by adding a little fun to it. Also that guitar is an 8 string , wink.gif you know the struggle is real!!!
[/quote]

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2015, 05:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Jul 11 2015, 12:05 AM) *

Great idea! The riff sounds amazing, and your approach to practicing is totally brilliant. You are making music and practicing technique at the same time. And i addition, you are developing your own voice on guitar.

Congrats!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jul 16 2015, 04:16 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 15 2015, 12:33 PM) *
Great idea! The riff sounds amazing, and your approach to practicing is totally brilliant. You are making music and practicing technique at the same time. And i addition, you are developing your own voice on guitar.

Congrats!

Thanks Gab!!! I am glad you like this. I always appreciate you continuous support. Cheers brother!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 16 2015, 03:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Jul 16 2015, 12:16 AM) *
Thanks Gab!!! I am glad you like this. I always appreciate you continuous support. Cheers brother!!!

Cheers mate, keep on rocking. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:45 AM