Insane Modular Synths
Todd Simpson
Feb 7 2015, 12:06 AM
GMC:er
Have you guys seen these? Now and then I run across some dude with some crazy setup in his basement that can't be moved or gigged and I wonder, "what is this for?". The DJ called DEADMAUS has one in his basement too smile.gif

Seen these?

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 7 2015, 12:55 AM
Learning Rock Star
I can't help but think: "what would you need something that size for?". But that's maybe just me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 7 2015, 04:17 AM
I"m with ya!!! It's honestly beyond me why this kind of thing would be needed but I still find it compelling for some reason smile.gif I think you could do all of what it does with a plugin!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 6 2015, 07:55 PM) *
I can't help but think: "what would you need something that size for?". But that's maybe just me.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 7 2015, 08:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 7 2015, 05:17 AM) *
I"m with ya!!! It's honestly beyond me why this kind of thing would be needed but I still find it compelling for some reason smile.gif I think you could do all of what it does with a plugin!

That was exactly my thinking!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 7 2015, 05:04 PM
It's way more fun and it probably sounds better.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 7 2015, 05:18 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Our studio was originally home to this beast, which you've heard on many of Stevie Wonder's greatest tracks.

https://vimeo.com/23970696

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 7 2015, 05:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
I'm agree with Ken's opinion.

VST and software packages will be much more cheaper, mobile, easy to use, less cables and comfortable from the space point of view but no matter how good a software will emulate a vintage synths it will never achieve that warm, fat and rich sound from an old analog synth. Also always it's more fun to play with faders and knobs instead of using a mouse.

The analog and beauty sound of an Roland TB 303 or the sound from drum machine like TR 808 and TR 909 made tones of music and hits. If you look in the market now Roland try to recreate digital hardware version of those machines. But do they sound like an original analog? Probably not, but it doesn't matter because many people will always love to play with hardware modules.

Also to know how to obtain a analog warm sound from a modular synths and to run it through a sequencer it's very challenging.

I think for composing music it's better to have them both smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 7 2015, 05:56 PM
The modular thing is, whether it be guitar pedals or analog synths is about 'ease of access' - providing you have the space.
Reach over, twist a knob. No scrolling, no typing no saving, no recalling. Again, providing you have the space as well the time (and money) for the initial set-up.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 7 2015, 06:33 PM
Now that is a monster smile.gif Where is it now?

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Feb 7 2015, 12:18 PM) *
Our studio was originally home to this beast, which you've heard on many of Stevie Wonder's greatest tracks.

https://vimeo.com/23970696

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 7 2015, 06:52 PM
I think it's in Woodstock NY.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2009/06/...-stevie-wonder/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:51 PM