Shaping Tone And Learning New Gear
dcz702
Apr 26 2015, 11:53 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
hey guys.
so as you know i got a sweet deal on a ibby, and found the time to give it a good set up for drop c.
ive also been back and forth on what kind of effects and amp modeling unit to buy, decided to get a line6 pod hd500x, its pretty dang good and im very happy with it.
ive strated on several lessons with drop c tuning, and been using those lesons to also learn my way around how to shape my tone using the line6, i listen make a tweak, record make a tweak, then do that over and over while i save each time.
i was leaning twords a eleven rack or pro x both rack units cause they seemd more convient on the desktop, and the 500x you would have to lean down to the floor, but when i found out there is destop software to controll all settings i was sold!
one of the pics is a sceenshot of the controll window. of course all can be controlled on the unit very easily but no need when its connected usb.

im learning how to use the EQ, i dont know what HP FREQ, HP Q, LP FREQ mean, i just start turning till it sounds good.
i used gabes in flames lesson to see how easily i could dial in a good tone close to his but my own sound thats sounds good to me, check it out if you would, would be cool to start a discussion on this.
https://soundcloud.com/rockmusic-915/in-flames-lesson-by-gabriel-leopardi

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- dcz702   Shaping Tone And Learning New Gear   Apr 26 2015, 11:53 PM
- - Todd Simpson   NICE!!! Sounds good LP FREQ is Low ...   Apr 27 2015, 12:10 AM
- - dcz702   QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 26 2015, 11:10 ...   Apr 27 2015, 12:28 AM
- - Todd Simpson   Happy to help Give it a try and let us know! ...   Apr 28 2015, 01:45 AM
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:24 PM