> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Yash's Preparation Spot
Yash
Sep 23 2014, 05:08 PM
GMC:er
OK. I'll do it when I can. At the earlist and when I have the gear. Though, singing related problem. My ear sucks ? I can't seem to hit the correct note with my voice which I want. I listen to it, have it in my head, try to hit it, The tuner tells me its a different note sad.gif I don't know what to do. HELP ME COS !! I went to the vocal coach in the academy, and, she said that I don't hit the correct notes and... it's in the nature :| I don't know what to do ! sad.gif Yes, I am worried and freaked out, because I see it as my life depends on it ? Half of my life.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Yash: Sep 23 2014, 05:11 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2014, 05:44 PM
Instructor
Hey Yash smile.gif How much ear training have you done beforehand to out discussion or your discussion with the coach? smile.gif Answer me honestly and I'll tell you what to do smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 24 2014, 06:45 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 24 2014, 08:44 PM) *
Hey Yash smile.gif How much ear training have you done beforehand to out discussion or your discussion with the coach? smile.gif Answer me honestly and I'll tell you what to do smile.gif

That's a simple answer - None... sad.gif She just said that I don't hear it correctly and she gave me the number of some other guy who teaches such stuff. But, from what I know, he's gonna ask for money money and I don't have enough I guess. I'll call him tomorrow probably but I don't hope for any help.

Isn't ear from within ? Like, even kids hit the correct notes ? And I don't. Probably I am not made for singing ? sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2014, 07:14 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif being honest with me and yourself is a great and important step smile.gif Now, call that gentleman and see what he has to say. It's clear that your ears need a lot of training, but I don't think it's impossible. Please let me know what the gentleman said, ok?

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 24 2014, 07:21 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 24 2014, 10:14 PM) *
Hey mate smile.gif being honest with me and yourself is a great and important step smile.gif Now, call that gentleman and see what he has to say. It's clear that your ears need a lot of training, but I don't think it's impossible. Please let me know what the gentleman said, ok?

It's 10:30 here. I'll be doing that tomorrow. And, my ear sucks. So does my voice ? sad.gif And, I have a cold. Wanna listen to me sing Let it Be ? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 25 2014, 05:27 PM
Instructor
I'd be curious to hear you sing it against the original smile.gif In that way, we will have a reference - we will see if you can pick up which notes are higher or lower than the intended pitch, as an ear training exercise. The idea is that you need to begin with the tuner exercise - that is the fundamental thing that you need to begin with. Pitch recognition in its basic form, as we may look at it. How about recording the exercise - let;s try with the C major scale - C D E F G A B C. What do you think? I want you to record each note with the guitar and with the voice doubling it then. Let me know how that sounds to you, matey smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 25 2014, 05:34 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 25 2014, 08:27 PM) *
I'd be curious to hear you sing it against the original smile.gif In that way, we will have a reference - we will see if you can pick up which notes are higher or lower than the intended pitch, as an ear training exercise. The idea is that you need to begin with the tuner exercise - that is the fundamental thing that you need to begin with. Pitch recognition in its basic form, as we may look at it. How about recording the exercise - let;s try with the C major scale - C D E F G A B C. What do you think? I want you to record each note with the guitar and with the voice doubling it then. Let me know how that sounds to you, matey smile.gif

I am on it right now. First singing let it be a few times. Then C Major scale (I'll do A Minor instead. Sounds cooler tongue.gif ) Then, I'll do a vocal cover of Let it be. smile.gif I hope you'll have 2 videos today.

Edit - Started. Played A note on 2nd fret G String. A Note, right ? My voice sings G or D sleep.gif What the heck am I supposed to do ? sad.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Sep 25 2014, 05:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 25 2014, 05:40 PM
Instructor
Perform multiple tries, by lowering it and raising it accordingly smile.gif When you hit the A not DIRECTLY - you have a winning try. Can you hit the A note directly 3 times in a row? smile.gif Try this approach and let me know how it goes, ok?

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 25 2014, 05:46 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 25 2014, 08:40 PM) *
Perform multiple tries, by lowering it and raising it accordingly smile.gif When you hit the A not DIRECTLY - you have a winning try. Can you hit the A note directly 3 times in a row? smile.gif Try this approach and let me know how it goes, ok?

Done. Magic ? huh.gif But I still have problems controlling it. I have things under my reach, just need to learn how to control my voice. And, I , my range is pretty bad. The Tuner says 2A (that's the lowest I have went, I went 2G too, but that was a lot of effort) to 5C ? I've hit 5D and 5F# a few times too. I need to work on my range too sad.gif So much to do and just one poor Yash.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 25 2014, 07:31 PM
Instructor
Mate, the more you do it, the better and more natural you will become. You should be able to sing the A note instantaneously even when you are woken up from your sleep smile.gif Work on it and don't think about how much it is, but enjoy the fruits and the journey, ok? C'mon, I want to hear you do it on the recording smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 25 2014, 07:38 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 25 2014, 10:31 PM) *
Mate, the more you do it, the better and more natural you will become. You should be able to sing the A note instantaneously even when you are woken up from your sleep smile.gif Work on it and don't think about how much it is, but enjoy the fruits and the journey, ok? C'mon, I want to hear you do it on the recording smile.gif

OK smile.gif You'll have to wait a lot though. sad.gif Stuff came up and now it's 10:30 PM here and I can't sing tongue.gif I'll do more tomorrow smile.gif Starting with A smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 25 2014, 07:40 PM
Instructor
Hey mate, tomorrow it is then smile.gif Looking forward to it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 26 2014, 05:30 PM
I need a little bit more time tongue.gif Sorry. Still working. I can do it chromatically. but, I need to get better. It's still random-ish. sad.gif

EDIT: I am still aiming for perfection at something that I suck at dry.gif Cosmin.. kill me. I am starting to enjoy the ride but, my throat gives up after a while ! (by the way that rhymed?) And yes, I am drinking water. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Sep 26 2014, 06:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 27 2014, 07:37 PM
Instructor
Hey mate - drinking water is the best thing when practicing with your voice, but take care, don't push the vocal chords too much on this one - you aren't aiming for volume here, but for pitch. So, try to sing the notes at the same volume you are speaking at smile.gif That's pretty much the best approach here, so please try it and let me know how it feels. I hope you are not screaming or singing loud, eh?

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 27 2014, 07:59 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 27 2014, 10:37 PM) *
Hey mate - drinking water is the best thing when practicing with your voice, but take care, don't push the vocal chords too much on this one - you aren't aiming for volume here, but for pitch. So, try to sing the notes at the same volume you are speaking at smile.gif That's pretty much the best approach here, so please try it and let me know how it feels. I hope you are not screaming or singing loud, eh?

I was singing loud :/ When I go to higher notes.. the volume increases automatically. And I couldn't practice today sleep.gif Stupidity.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 28 2014, 12:47 PM
Instructor
Hey matey smile.gif Remember - volume is not the aim here. Pitch matching is. Deal? wink.gif I want you to sing as softly as possible, ok? Don't go up and down the scale in order to reach I don't know what pitches, but just stay in one octave where you are most comfortable and aim to reach the correct pitches in that octave. Once again, choose an octave which is comfy for you and in which you don't feel any effort when singing, ok?

I am looking forward to see a recording and we can comment on that one, deal?

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 28 2014, 04:06 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 28 2014, 03:47 PM) *
Hey matey smile.gif Remember - volume is not the aim here. Pitch matching is. Deal? wink.gif I want you to sing as softly as possible, ok? Don't go up and down the scale in order to reach I don't know what pitches, but just stay in one octave where you are most comfortable and aim to reach the correct pitches in that octave. Once again, choose an octave which is comfy for you and in which you don't feel any effort when singing, ok?

I am looking forward to see a recording and we can comment on that one, deal?

One octave..all notes, that's what I need to do ? Did I understand correctly ? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 28 2014, 06:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Sep 28 2014, 03:06 PM) *
One octave..all notes, that's what I need to do ? Did I understand correctly ? smile.gif

All the notes in the C major scale smile.gif don't go chromatic smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 28 2014, 06:22 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 28 2014, 09:03 PM) *
All the notes in the C major scale smile.gif don't go chromatic smile.gif

I was going chromatic the whole time dry.gif Take 1479

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 29 2014, 03:35 PM
Instructor
Hehe, how's it going so far? Can you sing C, D, E, F, G, A, B, C having a little break in between each one? I mean, sing a note, pause a bit to check and then if you are correct with the tuner and the guitar in the same time, go forward to the next one smile.gif This is one approach. What have you discovered so far, while exploring this exercise?

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:35 PM