Rusty Cooley Exercises
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 27 2012, 03:29 PM
Instructor
Hello guys! I have been exploring some Rusty's lessons at youtube and I found this ones as the most interesting.

In this first one he shares 3 notes per string Pentatonic scales.

In this second video he shows his approach to 3 notes per strings scales.

We always give some of this suggestions when a new guys asks for some Alternate Picking tips.. but let's hear this master. smile.gif

and now some Sweep Picking ideas...

now a killer diminished lick.

and finally a great workout for your left hand...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Ben Higgins
Jun 27 2012, 04:50 PM
Instructor
Rusty's a cool dude... he's another of those players who's insane but in a good way !

But why is there an ad for Texas Chainsaw Massacre at the beginning of the last vid ?? huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 27 2012, 05:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 27 2012, 12:50 PM) *
Rusty's a cool dude... he's another of those players who's insane but in a good way !

But why is there an ad for Texas Chainsaw Massacre at the beginning of the last vid ?? huh.gif

hahahaa I don't know why! laugh.gif but the exercises that he shares after that are very effective! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 27 2012, 05:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 27 2012, 05:10 PM) *
hahahaa I don't know why! laugh.gif but the exercises that he shares after that are very effective! biggrin.gif

I thought it was going to use some of that movie imagery to set the scene and then it would go into his thing... that would have been better wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 27 2012, 07:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 27 2012, 01:58 PM) *
I thought it was going to use some of that movie imagery to set the scene and then it would go into his thing... that would have been better wink.gif

hahahah it would have been a good idea! tongue.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 3 2012, 03:14 AM
GMC:er
Very cool vids smile.gif I"m a big fan of "Three Notes Per String" scales myself. It really helps scale runs feel more fluid, IMHO.

I mapped out a three note per string HARMONIC MINOR that I've used in lots of lessons. It really feels more natural on my hand than the standard fingering. As does the three note per string standard Minor scale I always use.

Todd

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2012, 04:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 2 2012, 11:14 PM) *
Very cool vids smile.gif I"m a big fan of "Three Notes Per String" scales myself. It really helps scale runs feel more fluid, IMHO.

I mapped out a three note per string HARMONIC MINOR that I've used in lots of lessons. It really feels more natural on my hand than the standard fingering. As does the three note per string standard Minor scale I always use.

Todd

I also find this shapes more natural than the standard ones, even more if you want to play fast. Where can I find your way of playing the harmonic minor?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 3 2012, 10:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 3 2012, 04:40 AM) *
I also find this shapes more natural than the standard ones, even more if you want to play fast. Where can I find your way of playing the harmonic minor?

I think the old way of playing scales etc probably stayed that way because of classical guitar and always finding the way that meant less movement for the hand.. but I don't think they were as efficient really, not for speed anyway.. so the 3 note per string stuff really opened it up for guitarists smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2012, 12:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 3 2012, 06:18 AM) *
I think the old way of playing scales etc probably stayed that way because of classical guitar and always finding the way that meant less movement for the hand.. but I don't think they were as efficient really, not for speed anyway.. so the 3 note per string stuff really opened it up for guitarists smile.gif

I agree, and in this case, less hand movement isn't synonymous of speed. It's contradictory but that what happens.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Max Sokolov
Jul 4 2012, 10:27 PM
Instructor
Cool, I'll check it out! Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:18 PM