4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Average Time Spent On Guitar Per Day?
Fabian Schulz
Oct 20 2007, 10:57 PM
Instructor
smile.gif got already six hours today and i'm not willing to stop now smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550, Squier Showmaster Jimmy Shine Signature

Amps: Marshall G30R CD Combo, Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack

Pedals: Digitech DF-7, Boss RC-2, Dunlop Cry Baby

Wishlist: Brunetti XL R-Evo II or Brunetti Mercury EL34 and a Fabian Schulz Signaturemodel by Ibanez :D

Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 20 2007, 11:18 PM
GMC:er
Well. Most days i try and play for 2 hours after school.. Then i have band praci for another 2 eat dinner.. do something random (Study) Then play for an hour before i sleep. So about 5 hours a day. I find this sufficient. Some days im alot worst. I woke up today at 10. and i work at 11:30. Doesn't leave much room for practice. Maybe ill get 2 hours in from 8-10 but im an early to bed er. I wish i had 12 hours a day to play guitar. Once im outta uni and running my guitar shop you guys look out biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Legions
Oct 22 2007, 04:32 PM
I generally spend anywhere from 2-6 hours (maybe more haha) a day playing and practicing especially now that I am out of high school.

I try to make my practice time as efficient as possible...

--------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 7321
Ibanez RG 2EX2
Line 6 Spider 210
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor

My Band:

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Oct 23 2007, 06:13 AM
It depends...I try to practice at least an hour a day, sometimes I miss a day, sometimes I will play for hours.
Unfortunately at this point in my life, a few things must come before playing guitar...kids, wife, job, etc. Sometimes it sucks being a responsible adult:)

+Quote Post
trueblue450
Oct 25 2007, 12:53 AM
wow I feel pathetic. I play when I have the drive which is usually a couple hours a time a couple days a week. I mean I have band practice twice a week for 3 hours also but some of you people are crazy dedicated. Im impressed!

--------------------
Equipment:

Gibson Les Paul Standard: Vintage Sunburst EMG81/85
Schecter Black Jack: Emg 81/85
Ibanez Strat copy
Washburn 6string coustic

Marshall TSL JCM2000 Halfy with 1960av

To many pedals to list !

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 25 2007, 01:18 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
2-3 Hours , the thing is that I can't play every day so it's like 3 days pe week.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
jammer91
Oct 26 2007, 04:58 AM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 25 2007, 04:18 AM) *
2-3 Hours , the thing is that I can't play every day so it's like 3 days per week.

Exactly the same here. Im having too many tests now and dont really have much time for guitar. How do you guys fit in six hour? Do you forget about schoolwork and stuff (i did that and got screwed last year). Im having my IG's coming up so id better be on my toes.

I spend more time on GMC and MSN than guitar.

This post has been edited by jammer91: Oct 26 2007, 04:58 AM

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 26 2007, 05:01 AM
Right now, none, because of a cut in my finger... sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Oct 26 2007, 05:04 AM
I'm doing about 3-4 hour a day at the moment, I really got my urge to play guitar back recently and I'm coming back with avengeance!

I cant believe I ever hit a rut in the first place, now I'm just so inspired, cheers to everyone here who put up with me during my 'I think I may give up stage...', tongue.gif seems rediculous now I think of it, I just needed to learn more stuff and find the things that interested me about playing in the first place! smile.gif

Although I feel it is detracting majorly from my schoolwork at the time being laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Layzer
Oct 26 2007, 05:29 AM
QUOTE (Fabian Schulz @ Oct 20 2007, 04:57 PM) *
smile.gif got already six hours today and i'm not willing to stop now smile.gif

Fabian how long have ya played the guitar at a rate of 6hrs\day? ohmy.gif or how long in general?

Making me feel ashamed of my 2-3 hrs a day!

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
Bondy
Oct 26 2007, 06:03 AM
Learning Roadie
Damm i only play an hour a day but i also run my own bussines so dont really get much more time plus i got 2 kids maybe when there older i will get more time i hope

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 26 2007, 06:17 AM
Lets go fishing!
I practice for 3 hours from start till stop. That time is spent *very* intensivly with no breaks, I usually feel shattered afterwards! I dont think i could practice any harder and keep up the quality

So 5-6 hours is amaizing! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
jammer91
Oct 26 2007, 06:31 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Oct 26 2007, 09:17 AM) *
I practice for 3 hours from start till stop. That time is spent *very* intensivly with no breaks, I usually feel shattered afterwards! I dont think i could practice any harder and keep up the quality

So 5-6 hours is amaizing! smile.gif

how do you practice and keep your self motivated?

Do you practice you favourite artist songs in between or just exercises?

Usually how long dp you devote to a lesson?

I saw your youtube sweep vid and it was done well smile.gif

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 26 2007, 06:46 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (jammer91 @ Oct 26 2007, 06:31 AM) *
how do you practice and keep your self motivated?

Do you practice you favourite artist songs in between or just exercises?

Usually how long dp you devote to a lesson?

I saw your youtube sweep vid and it was done well smile.gif

Hi Jammer smile.gif
I just practice GMC exercises/lessons, sometimes i feel i would like to practice fave songs but i feel that is something i can do later. I devote many months to a lesson, usually i have 3-4 lessons on the go and I practice them untill i feel they are at a high enough standard to move on! Then i will swap a lesson i have "completed" with another, so you see I have a few lessons in rotation at any one time.

I try not to jump to another lesson to quickly, for example i am REALLY eager to start Muris's Paul Gilbert lesson but i will be strict and complete one of my current lessons before i start that ! Also i am pleased such lessons are there because it allows me to future plan my routine in advance.

When you are new to playing, i understand its really difficult structuring routine for yourself, man i was there this time last year and i felt a bit lost.

Maybe you too could pick a few lessons and work through them like i do? Just a suggestion! smile.gif

*note* In answer to keeping myself motivated, that is easy. I watch and listen too my faveiroute players daily and that totally inspires me to be the best i can be!! I am a geek by nature, and i love everything about practice from memorizing pitches, to reading music !!

It is my personaly belife a structured intense practice routine is more important than playing all day! but everyone has there own ways of practice and that is good too! smile.gif

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Oct 26 2007, 06:49 AM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 26 2007, 08:06 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 24 2007, 06:31 AM) *
(I think it helps if you play before you go to bed, but before you get too tired.helps you remember)

I actually find I cant sleep if I go straight to bed after playing, the riff/lesson/song I`m working on goes whizzing around my head if I do that.

I play 5 days a week at least an hour on each day, depends if I get carried away can be up to 4-5 hours sometimes smile.gif

I agree with mattacuk that an hour or two intense structured practice is far more beneficial than hours upon hours of playing, although saying that if I had time I guess I would too laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 26 2007, 09:03 PM
Lets go fishing!
Man i practiced right before bed time yesterday day and i had the worst nights sleep ever. My mind kept going over and over muris's Thirds lesson and i feel shattered today! ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 26 2007, 09:18 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Yup, I`ve done it far too many times and learnt my lesson ... NOT! I still do it!! laugh.gif

I still get carried away especially if its something thats nearly there but not quite and I wont let it go, end up with it going around and around.

Back to the topic I actually find a day off from playing really helps, I had been practicing Muris`s Alternate picking Etude lesson for 3 nights straight, hitting 90BPM no probs but 110 was miles off, had a night off picked the guitar up the night after and did a 110BPM pretty much straight off, I think you need to clear your mind a little sometimes for things to sink in a little more.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 26 2007, 09:31 PM
Lets go fishing!
Absolutley! I think you have the right attitude towards practicing!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Oct 27 2007, 05:11 AM
Woah Matt thats dedication!

I need to really force myself to keep up a punishing schedule of practicing like that tongue.gif Although I'm getting better at it.

This post has been edited by Owen: Oct 27 2007, 05:12 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 27 2007, 05:15 AM
Lets go fishing!
Hopefully no scaleular dreams tonight blink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:29 AM