Being Sick Is Boring!
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2014, 06:45 PM
Instructor
I've been sick since yesterday. It's been a while since I had to stay in bed because of health issues. I have flu but also stomach ache so I had to stay in bed. As I was feeling bad, I didn't have strength to play guitar, use my computer, read or something... so I remembered how boring is to feel sick! sad.gif

Today I feel slightly better and that's why I'm here now, but I still have temperature.. so I'll get back to my bed soon.

What do you do when you feel sick? Do you usually get as bored as me?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Apr 5 2014, 07:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
It is definitely boring! I was sick for 2 weeks last month, it was horrible.
I thought "At least I'll finish my book", but every time I began reading I fell asleep (a good method if
you have fever and can't fall asleep!).
After a few days I decided I had to stop being sick and work. That method didn't work out either.
So I just gave it some time smile.gif .

Make yourself some soup and drink lots of tea! Hope you get well soon.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Amitai Kedmi: Apr 5 2014, 07:19 PM

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Apr 5 2014, 07:44 PM
GMC:er
I use to love being sick as a kid. I got sick so many times, some thought I was faking it.

Yes, it was like the man-flu - I brought it upon myself, but it was an actual sickness, stomach ache, cold or flu, etc. Running a temperature and all. The thing is subconsciously I actually wanted it, even if it was at the worst possible time.

It would give me a break from school, work and chores. They come at the worst time during a huge stressful assignment or workload, etc, but it's just what you need, a mini break when you yourself refuses to give yourself some lazy time.

I was like ADHD, still am. Hate to sleep-in and would get bored easily doing nothing.

So I curled up on my parents bed, dive under the blankets with my pet dog, and we would go take over the bedroom to watch their TV. Rent a few movies or just use TiVo (playing back recorded movies), since there is almost always just rubbish on live TV. Finally relaxed and would catch some Zs. It's not until you forget the world around you, your work, and the necessary things your meant to do, that you relax and feel at peace - everything just lifts off your shoulders. Plus, I had a slave bowing to me every need (aka mum who would never get sick, because it's impossible for a mother to be sick, specially when her son is and needs to be looked after).

Later on in life, I found the only workable cure (Warning: clearly this drink is R13 as it contains alcohol supplied from a father in the comforts of your home, in which a minor is allowed to drink legally in NZ, not like the US laws in which your allowed to be sent off to war to possibly die before even being at a legal drinking age - who comes up with these! Anyways this should not be attempted by anyone with a single brain cell or taste bud)...

1 shot of dry whiskey
1 shot of white vinegar
1 shot of lime or lemon juice
1 spoon of honey

Microwave for just a few seconds in a mug, it will begin to bubble quickly (so make sure it won't overflow) and melt the honey, stir well and shot back in one go. Instant sore throat cure!

After a while, I found out that I would never get sick again in my life from colds and flus. After taking extremely high quality multi-vitamins, multi-minerals, change of diet, and most importantly living a stress-free lifestyle, I've never once been sick since then! I only work because I enjoy it, and if I need time off I can just ask for it and drop everything without too much major deadlines.

I will swear to anyone, that most standard sickness is controllable, it's just stress levels in life and that you actually need/want it in some way to affect you. So what have you been busy with working on lately and need a break from?

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Apr 5 2014, 08:01 PM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 5 2014, 08:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
Let me get this straight.You just did 2 shows with Metallica, get to come home and stay in bed a few days whilst having a beautiful woman take care you, and I don't know how I am supposed to feel for you ! huh.gif

Hope you get better soon wink.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 5 2014, 08:18 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 5 2014, 07:04 PM) *
Let me get this straight.You just did 2 shows with Metallica, get to come home and stay in bed a few days whilst having a beautiful woman take care you, and I don't know how I am supposed to feel for you ! huh.gif

Hope you get better soon wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm suffering from a bad back at the moment. Haven't been to work since Tuesday. That's why I've had the time to try and fix my PC!!
I should really be in bed, if I was I'd be reading or writing something!

Get well soon Gab!!
smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Apr 6 2014, 10:16 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
I usually stay in bed and read a book. If you get a nice book that you can't put down then you will want to keep being sick biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Opetholic: Apr 6 2014, 10:17 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2014, 06:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Apr 6 2014, 06:16 AM) *
I usually stay in bed and read a book. If you get a nice book that you can't put down then you will want to keep being sick biggrin.gif

hahaha thanks guys for the ideas and comments. I'm slowly getting better. The only thing that I could do is watching the first episode of "House of Cards" and I can say that I loved it. biggrin.gif

While I was Sick, in bed, my girlfriend has seen 7 episodes of Walking dead in 2 days... hahaha it was there on tv but I preferred to try to sleep, I was feeling really bad.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 6 2014, 06:29 PM
Instructor
Ah, mate, hope you recover quickly!

You know, when we are sick, we usually discover how amazing it is to feel normal smile.gif I mean, the normal state of health when we are not sick. Pretty humbling experience, if you ask me... I've always had it and I try to be grateful for being well.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2014, 08:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 6 2014, 02:29 PM) *
Ah, mate, hope you recover quickly!

You know, when we are sick, we usually discover how amazing it is to feel normal smile.gif I mean, the normal state of health when we are not sick. Pretty humbling experience, if you ask me... I've always had it and I try to be grateful for being well.

This so true. We don't stop to think it, we don't note it, we just keep going. And suddenly the body says.. STOP! laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 7 2014, 09:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 6 2014, 07:39 PM) *
This so true. We don't stop to think it, we don't note it, we just keep going. And suddenly the body says.. STOP! laugh.gif

it hasn't happened to me since 2012, but I have a sensible stomach and sometimes, when I eat something that he doesn't like, well, let's just say that he makes life VERY difficult for me on that certain day. I can't even sit straight on a chair. I am eating more carefully now, but there are times when certain foods will cause unexpected effects... and also, in my case, this also happens when I eat heartily - with fish most of the times.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2014, 03:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 7 2014, 05:54 AM) *
it hasn't happened to me since 2012, but I have a sensible stomach and sometimes, when I eat something that he doesn't like, well, let's just say that he makes life VERY difficult for me on that certain day. I can't even sit straight on a chair. I am eating more carefully now, but there are times when certain foods will cause unexpected effects... and also, in my case, this also happens when I eat heartily - with fish most of the times.

Have you gone to the doctor? Maybe you can discover exactly which things are giving the problem..

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 8 2014, 02:15 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hope you feel better Gabe!

When I get sick, I try to sleep it off. I'll literally sleep for 18-24 hours straight, only getting up to eat, drink and make a deposit in the porcelain bank. It usually works, as I feel good enough the next day to function in a diminished capacity.

Of course, this is assuming I get sick on the weekend. If not, then I just go to work and suffer all day. It sucks. A lot.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 8 2014, 02:30 AM
Before I stopped being a drunk for a living, whenever I got sick, I would just consider it a day off and start drinking early. After about a half pint, sick or not, I wasn't bored.

I don't drink much anymore, maybe once a month, and now days, I pay dearly for my sins. The booze still makes me go "WHOOOOOO!!!!!!" but as soon as that passes, I feel just about as close to death as I can get.

Healing from surgery is different though, all I want to do is sleep. And when you have a flu like you have, with a fever; one of those sicknesses where even your hair hurts - I don't even want to lay there and gaze at the tv, much less pick up a guitar.

Hope you feel better soon, and since your still young, when the fever breaks, flush it out with a bottle of bourbon - you'll be playing guitar in no time.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 8 2014, 07:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 7 2014, 02:40 PM) *
Have you gone to the doctor? Maybe you can discover exactly which things are giving the problem..

No, I haven't because these things happened rarely and usually after eating like crazy, so I kind of knew what the issue was. You know, when I was in the 6th or 7th grade, I was happy when I was cold laugh.gif because I wouldn't have to go to school that day or even better.. for two days biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:21 AM